Rate "Magic" and post your review/comments (New Poll - Magic music vid)

charliebrown0012

Coldplay Forever
Coldplayer
The worst song theyve ever made, simples. If this was done by another band, no one here would listen twice.

Its not bad but its just not coldplay. Its way too slow and way too bland. Theres nothing to the song. It didnt even make the uk charts. Hopefully not all the album is like this otherwise its going to bomb big time

5/10 for the song

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
i respect ur opinion but it was too harsh. You probably didnt open up ur mind. I love this song i love to sing it and its a really really good song to jam to. If ur into bands perse. Its all abt the bass l:p)

Haruka

righteously wicked
Coldplayer
Now that we know the reasons behind GS, the lyrics are not so plain.
but I still care more about the instrumentals in Magic.

KatePT

Cartoon Heart
Coldplayer
I totally love "Magic".
To be real, when I found out that the first LP6 (Ghost Stories) single would be called Magic, I was kind of worried, every "type" of song that came to my mind talking about magic weren't in their best scenario... But when I listenned to song, I wasn't worried anymore, Coldplay always gets a way to come up with something awesome! :)

I've been reading some interpretations about this song; and a lot of people say that this song is about Chris breaking up with Gwyneth, but am I the only one that sees this song as a falling in love song? He doesn't know if call it magic or true because (for me) he's having the time of his life with this girl and he has been broken into two so many times that he's afraid of getting hurt. Perhaps, I'm the one wrong here, but I only see this song in this way...

charliebrown0012

Coldplay Forever
Coldplayer
I totally love "Magic".
To be real, when I found out that the first LP6 (Ghost Stories) single would be called Magic, I was kind of worried, every "type" of song that came to my mind talking about magic weren't in their best scenario... But when I listenned to song, I wasn't worried anymore, Coldplay always gets a way to come up with something awesome! :)

I've been reading some interpretations about this song; and a lot of people say that this song is about Chris breaking up with Gwyneth, but am I the only one that sees this song as a falling in love song? He doesn't know if call it magic or true because (for me) he's having the time of his life with this girl and he has been broken into two so many times that he's afraid of getting hurt. Perhaps, I'm the one wrong here, but I only see this song in this way...
i see it this way too kinda.. The way he sings idontdontdont know sounds like hes drowned in love

KatePT

Cartoon Heart
Coldplayer
And the instrumental of the song, I don't know, gives me an idea that is something good, what he's feeling...
Also, when he says "I wanna fall, fall so hard" I think he's saying that he wants to keep feeling this way, that's why he wants to fall, fall hard (fall into love).

And finally,
"And if you were to ask me
After all that we've been through
Still believe in magic?
Oh, Yes, I do
Of course I do"
I think some people see this part as "we pass through so much fights and stuff... but I still love you" but I see as "We passed through so much heartbreaks before and you may not believe in magic (love) anymore but I still do, because I love you, and all the heartbreaks were worth it, since they led me to you"

ihaveabono

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
i just found an interesting article regarding Raging Fire in relation to Coldplay's Magic. LOL :D :D

There's a curious thing going on with the major new singles out this week. Phillip Phillips' latest "Raging Fire" sounds a bit like Coldplay, while Coldplay's latest single "Magic" doesn't sound much like Coldplay at all.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/248613581.html

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
New poll added for the Magic music video!

dontgo

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Why doesnt anybody like Magic?? Reminds me of a close friend who died who was an acrobat my catch he was great, surely we all miss him, great of Coldplay to play this song I think it would be perfect for a grand circus show, thanks Chris for great music.

dontgo

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Why doesnt anybody like Magic?? Reminds me of a close friend who died who was an acrobat my catch he was great, surely we all miss him, great of Coldplay to play this song I think it would be perfect for a grand circus show, thanks Chris for great music.
In case your wondering he was a high rise window cleaner kept the business in the family..

ColdplayerChick

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I fell in love as soon as I heard it! I guess right now I can relate to all lovey dovey stuff....this album came along at a good (or bad?) time haha.

MasiNoni

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Thoughts are already mentioned but my motivation to choose a poll is just 5-6. I means this pool answer suitable for me is 5.