[Review] NME Rates Mylo Xyloto 5/10 [Scan added Pg. 3]

marauder8112

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
im gonna have to agree 100% with howyouseetheworld. I live in America and it seems like NME always has something against Coldplay and that they are only interesting in promoting the next oasis which they believe is Kasabian. Kasabian is an okay band an I used to be a big fan but Ive always followed coldplay and have grown as a fan since. I follow any direction that they take and appreciate any music they make. To say one of their albums is better than the other I have to say now is unfair because clearly they reinvent themselves each time and sound great on every record whether it is acoustically like parachutes or this booming atmosphere of sound we hear in MX. I love all of their songs and love this new upbeat and colorful direction. Sorry NME and over here in America NY times.... your bashing the wrong group of musicians. if anything they should be given praise for their hard work ethic and aility to push their musical talents.

nicklawmusic

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
NME are often full of it! When '(What's The Story) Morning Glory' originally came out, they gave it 6/10, then - for an anniversary special featuring Oasis - they rewrote the review and gave it 9/10!!!

para-para-parrotdies

Para-Para-Parrot's Ass
Coldplayer
I live in America and it seems like NME always has something against Coldplay and that they are only interesting in promoting the next oasis which they believe is Kasabian.
Again, what about NME's reviews for previous Coldplay albums?

Parachutes: 9/10
AROBTTH: 9/10
X&Y: 9/10
Viva la Vida: 8/10

Cheese Nip 2

Milkmen = Interesting
Coldplayer
I never liked NMe, and not just cause they don't like Coldplay or Oasis. Everything they write is opinionated and they always hate on bands in their articles. There not professional and they don't write good reviews. Even if they gave MX a 10/10, I would still hate NME.

You could say they're my arch NME.

Oh God bad jokes.....

para-para-parrotdies

Para-Para-Parrot's Ass
Coldplayer
Everything they write is opinionated and they always hate on bands in their articles.
I don't understand this portion - are you saying music reviews should not be opinionated? Aren't music reviews just the critics giving their own take/opinion on the album?

Our Escape

The One Who Knocks
Coldplayer
PoC got an 8/10 and the whole album got a 5/10 I don't get how this makes sense... If they liked the first 4 albums... and there are at least 6-7 songs that are more Coldplayish than PoC... I just... does not compute... DERP

parsons210

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Stop reading reviews! Music is subjective. If you like it then great. If you don't then that's great too. I want to read about the style not what somebody's opinion is on it. Couldn't care two monkeys! Q tends to be one if the best as they tend to stick to describing the actual music on an album rather than inches and inches of mindless drivel....it's called pretentiousness!

maricircus

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Stop reading reviews! Music is subjective. If you like it then great. If you don't then that's great too. I want to read about the style not what somebody's opinion is on it. Couldn't care two monkeys! Q tends to be one if the best as they tend to stick to describing the actual music on an album rather than inches and inches of mindless drivel....it's called pretentiousness!

Yup. In the end, all that matters is how you feel about it.

Alienbob

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
NME is a shit newspaper.

They just love to hate on British bands that aren't britpop, such as Radiohead and Coldplay, who they have been flaming for the whole year.

Alienbob

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
X&Y didn't fail though. It sold a shitload of copies.
I think the joke is that they rated X&Y so highly and this one so low.

Everyone piled tons of love on X&Y. And I don't understand why. It's so boring. Whiny, flat, just bad.

Tugatrix

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Don't read critic, be a critic yourself that's a thing i learn year's ago when i realize that many times critics are like anyone else, they vulnerable to their feelings, and their feelings make then biases. Critiquing a piece of art is not exact science...