Right. Who IS that talking at the beginning of Strawberry?! (Mystery solved)

Bonus_mosher

THE BUCKLANNND
Coldplayer
positive.

50000000000000%

it's chris.
put your ear RIGHT up to the speaker.
or if through head phones, just listen to the left earphone. it's chris.

ApproximatelyInfinite

a thousand houses long
Coldplayer
positive.

50000000000000%

it's chris.
put your ear RIGHT up to the speaker.
or if through head phones, just listen to the left earphone. it's chris.
haha, well the newsflash is that the band themselves confirmed that it's eno, so i trust what they say, i guess. but even with official confirmation...to me it sounds like chris EXACTLY, i compltely agree :D. i'm still somewhat in denial that it's not chris, in all honesty...

and i still find this hysterically funny. :laugh3:

mintyla

Coldplay Fan Forever!
Coldplayer
haha, well the newsflash is that the band themselves confirmed that it's eno, so i trust what they say, i guess. but even with official confirmation...to me it sounds like chris EXACTLY, i compltely agree :D. i'm still somewhat in denial that it's not chris, in all honesty...

and i still find this hysterically funny. :laugh3:
I think they said that it's Eno talking at the beginning...but then he begins counting 1,2,3,4 and starts clapping and the "It's a bit flat" happens. The reason why it sounds exactly like Chris is because it IS him...i think they were explaining that Eno's talking at the very beginning of the song, but he can't be saying "It's a bit flat," at the same time he's counting.

discostu1971

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
ill settle this once and for all.....the voice at the begining of strawberry swing is Adam Clayton from u2....he popped into the bakery studio as the tape started rolling and said 'does anyone have a footpump for my ford fiesta? ive just checked my front tyre and its a bit flat'......coldplay cut the first part of the sentence out because as we alll know, chris doesnt allow his music to be used for advertising.....mystery solved!

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
I thought it was Chris saying "it's a bit fast" in references to the tempo of the handclaps.

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
ill settle this once and for all.....the voice at the begining of strawberry swing is Adam Clayton from u2....he popped into the bakery studio as the tape started rolling and said 'does anyone have a footpump for my ford fiesta? ive just checked my front tyre and its a bit flat'......coldplay cut the first part of the sentence out because as we alll know, chris doesnt allow his music to be used for advertising.....mystery solved!
LOL

gvargas

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
Haha...I was wondering if I was going crazy and was the only one who heard someone mumble something softly on more than one of the songs off the new album! Now I have to go check who it was...I just assumed Chris...but now i am wondering.

iPsy

Here Comes The Flashover!
Coldplayer
hey it might be, 'It's A Bit fast', it would make sense!
but, dunno....was it Brian Eno?

gvargas

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
Okay, I listened to it again and it ain't Chris...the voice is too low.
It does sound like it could be Guy and I think he is saying it is a bit fast...

Chris could be the one counting...

Sofy

we want the songs back!!
Coldplayer
Okay, I listened to it again and it ain't Chris...the voice is too low.
It does sound like it could be Guy and I think he is saying it is a bit fast...

Chris could be the one counting...
i also think it´s guy´s voice saying "it was a bit fast"
you can also hear a voice in the distance before that frase, following the claps, saying "1, 2, 3, 4" and starting again.
and check minute 0:25, you can hear the same voice saying "that time" or something like that
haha it´s funny, i feel like i´m right there with them :p

talking about misterious voices, you can also hear Chris counting just when Reign of Love starts.

Pseudonym

Why She Loves Me?
Coldplayer
It was Death saying either:

"Worship Satin"
or
"Buy this album cuz I played the funny sounding instrument that you hear in this song and also a little bit in Life in Technicolor towards the end even though some people think its a different instrument its actually the same one and I would know cuz I played it and thats why they named half their album after me and my homies cuz we helped out so much with everything. Oh also, Chris and Jonny are NOT gay together, its actually Jonny and Will and its disgusting. And thats coming from me, someone who sees death everyday. God!"

Definitely the second one, that one fits the timing of the message better.:cool:

Sofy

we want the songs back!!
Coldplayer
"death talks fast", and it´s guy saying it (¿?)...:rolleyes:

twistedleksi2008

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
^ we're in agreement :)

might have been, but i DEFINITELY heard Chris say: Eno moaned about tempo a lot, as you can hear at the beginning of Strawberry Swing

Jea

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've listened to the album with earphones last night (and played the beginning of strawberry really loud) and it's definitely "It's a bit flat" not fast... and I think it sounds like Guy but well, if Chris says it's Eno... ;)
But I actually hear 'flat'

IgnitedBones

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I am still hearing "flat" and can't at all make out "fast." :\
Same here. I think when they were imitating Eno during the interview it was just an example of something he would complain about, doesn't necessarily mean that's what he said at the beginning of Strawberry Swing.

emedy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
you guys really crazy about coldplay:) i didn't even notice anything,i just hraed clapping of hands, but now i'm gonna listen this song again!!!!