Song Meaning

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I see this song as about holding on to your loved ones in a time of crisis...there's a lot of Cold War imagery - the title itself, technicolor, refers to how TV was the big thing in the 1950s-60s. My interpretation might be a bit morbid and pulled out of the ass, but bear with me here.

There's a wild wind blowing (nuclear fallout?)
Down the corner of my street
Every night there the headlights are glowing (police cars)
There's a cold war coming on the radio I heard
Baby, it's a violent world (self explanatory)

Oh love, don't let me go! (image: family holding tight inside a bomb shelter or the Underground)
Won't you take me where the streetlights glow? (where the streetlights are..still intact..where there's still human goodness)
I can hear it coming
I can hear the siren sound (air raid sirens)
Now my feet won't touch the ground (image: getting exploded, flying into the air)

Time came a-creeping (time --> death)
Oh, and time's a loaded gun (war imagery)
Every road is a ray of light
It goes oooooonnnn...
Time only can lead you on
Still it's such a beautiful night (Sarcasm - explosions, rays of light are beautiful - I agree with the poster who said this part is about a soldier at war)

Oh love, don't let me go!
Won't you take me where the streetlights glow?
I can hear it coming
Like a serenade of sound
Now my feet won't touch the ground

Gravity, release me
No, don't ever hold me down (the meaning changes to do not oppress us [maybe a reference to the Civil Rights movement]
Now my feet won't touch the ground

Spider-Man

Running In The Dark
Coldplayer
IMO. A soldier is sent to war, maybe ww2. And misses her so much, he is willing to do something drastic to return to her. Just wait for me please and i will return soon.

MikeGold

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm sorry for being pessimistic, but the way I understand it, it's a story of a beautiful world that he left behind because of the war, or the other horrors, and through the song he slowly accepts the fact that he's dead (and hanged). Kind of like a ghost speech.

Phoebeo

Hi. I'm Louise.
Coldplayer
I don't think there is a meaning with every song Chris writes. I don't think you can analyse his songs like that.