Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

Song requests dropped?

Discussion in 'Coldplay Live' started by Stefan8, Jun 26, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Stefan8

By:Stefan8Jun 26, 2017
    I do know some things
    Coldplayer

Does anyone know why they don't do the request songs anymore, even though they still promoted them for this leg?

Did they get sick of browsing through all the awkward videos of people wanting to hear songs because it reminded them of their dead pet?

Did they get tired of people requesting Clocks and Yellow?

Are they too lazy to remember songs they haven't played for a few years?

Discuss!!!!

2. Captain Crieff

By:Captain CrieffJun 27, 2017
    drinking pink rabbits
    Staff Member Moderator Honorary Coldplayer Coldplayer

Because they've decided they only want to play In My Place, Don't Panic and Til Kingdom Come so they just play those.

The request thing isn't as popular as last year anymore too, for the Brussels show there were only about 45 requests...

It would be better if they just stopped promoting it imo, the filthy liars haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JM-42, guy42, 42JTR and 1 other person like this.
  3. coldplayisawesome

By:coldplayisawesomeJun 27, 2017
    Maybe I'm a ghost
    Coldplayer

i thought they did one just the other day? i know even last year there would be days when they skipped it... but as was said before, it's not like we didn't already know what songs they were gonna pick for request anyway :p

4. Stefan8

By:Stefan8Jun 27, 2017
    I do know some things
    Coldplayer

Perhaps it's not as popular because they ended up picking the same songs, like you said. At least at first they played some other ones too. It seemed like a missed opportunity to give each show some extra character, involve the audience and reward returning concert goers. The shows are still great, but still.

Also I didn't understand why they promoted the Hypnotised app (even at the show itself it said to open the app when they play the song) and then not play Hypnotised. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

5. JM-42

By:JM-42Jun 28, 2017
    Life is for Living
    Coldplayer

Still remember when the first legs of the tour got AROBTTH, Strawberry Swing, Shiver or Trouble? Good times, good times.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    coldplayisawesome likes this.
  6. Krizer

By:KrizerJun 28, 2017
    Come on all for Love
    Coldplayer

Also Chris uses the request song spot for playing a cover from an artist of the same country a few times now (e.g. Håkan Hellström in Sweden and Stromae in Belgium). I can speak only for Sweden's gigs, but the fans got really excited and the reception was really good.

But yes, the request thing has faded away slowly, rarer songs were here and there in the beginning, then it has come to the place where they always played IMP, Don't Panic and Til Kingdom Come/Us Against the World mostly. Hopefully they will play every niw and then a surprising song, because at least they keep soundchecking and getting request videos for rarer songs. One reason might be too that the reason for request has been usually "it's my favourite song" "it's my friends favourite song" "it means a lot to me" which are valid and good reasons, but might get a little repetitious

Dubai Bunnies likes this.
  7. kylecoldplayer

By:kylecoldplayerAug 7, 2017
    Coldplaying Coldplayer 24/7
    Coldplayer

They do it during the US leg (a girl requested Us Against The World at the Boston show) although I don't think they did it during the NJ show because they covered Linkin Park

8. coldplay13

By:coldplay13Aug 7, 2017
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

I was wondering about this too. In my Place and Don't Panic are literally on loop. I would love to see other songs on the setlist for the stripped acoustic set. lol.

9. Stephen

By:StephenAug 8, 2017
    Mr. Coldplaying v3
    Staff Member Owner Coldplayer