Sounds like U2

coldplayfaith

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
... at least I think it does, like the track that was supposedly leaked (stolen) when Bono was apparently blasting it on his stereo...

Malcolm-Edge

Green Light, 7/11
Coldplayer
It doesn't sound like the leak. But the title does kinda bear a new u2 title: The Ceaders of Lebanon.

U2 did work with Eno closely on this album. So I expect similarities. Also I expect it to better :p

majgirl

maj_girl
Coldplayer
I have to say that this track reminded me of U2 instantly, and I've always hated the U2 comparisons, I never really understood them to be honest. I don't believe they really sounded much like them in the past, as I don't particularly care for U2, but when I heard this track the likeness seemed undeniable.

coldplayfaith

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Ok, so i'm not too loco hearing things :lol:

And I'm not the only Coldplayer who doesn't love U2 (my best friend loves them, but i think they're ok...)...

Actually, I used to be into The Smiths and Morrissey in high school, and when I first heard Coldplay, they reminded me of The Smiths... now, not so much

Coldplay can be compared to a lot of bands, just because they have a lot of influences and are not sooo self-conscious that they don't let their influences come out (ok, some members of the band may be more self-conscious than others...)

illuvcoldplay

Chrissylicious
Coldplayer
I am somewhat a U2 fan and that song dosen't sound damn near anything U2

qforlove

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah!Of course,there must be some songs which would be the same style.I think it is popular in this area.