Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Butterfly Package - AHFOD Live Album/Movie

vinny9

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I think the guns from the VLVODAAHF are here. I THINK
Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 3.46.08 am.png

Christo670

In A Head Full Of Dreams....
Coldplayer
freaking called it ! i knew they would release something like this !

BUT .... I thought the live concert would be at Stade de France, since Chris said so at the concert and we can clearly see live performances at the stade de france in the documentary trailer ? (you can clearly recognise the SDF rooftop during those images...

coldplaybrasil

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"Paulistanos" is on the list (DVD)! OMG!!!! I still can't believe they wrote it for Sao Paulo, it's so beautiful. You will love it <3

Matteosabato

Coldplayer
freaking called it ! i knew they would release something like this !

BUT .... I thought the live concert would be at Stade de France, since Chris said so at the concert and we can clearly see live performances at the stade de france in the documentary trailer ? (you can clearly recognise the SDF rooftop during those images...
Maybe the footage from stade de france (Milan and Tokyo ecc...) will be only on the documentary, don’t forget that yesterday Mat Whitecross confirmed that there will be songs on “A Head Full Of Dreams”

jossec

Coldplayer
WTF? Why is the live show only being made available on crappy DVD? Is there not going to be a bluray release? why on earth would they launch this and only indicate a DVD version in today's age of technology? Even the images of the packaging shows it is DVD format and not bluray. What are they thinking??? This is absurd. I mean unless they are completely out of their minds I fully expect a BD version to be released and if so, why not just roll that out with the official announcement now? Either way this is really stupid.
That's weird, yeah. I can't imagine this film not having a HD release at all, so perhaps another exclusive streaming deal is yet to be announced before the Blu-Ray version appears.

if you zoom into this: https://cdn.ontourmedia.io/fanfire/images/product/zoom/COL/COL84279-3.jpg you can see is not.
seems like the song has been scrapped completely since it was never properly released.
Seems like it. That song has had a curious history, hasn't it. It also means that their claim that this is the first time a Coldplay concert has been released in its entirety is not 100% true.

Also, if you play the newly released performance of Viva la Vida alongside a crowd-filmed video of that performance, say this one, you can see that in some shots Chris' position and movements don't match up; so those shots have been taken either from different concerts or from a different part of the song. Which isn't a big deal, they have so much footage to use; just something interesting to note.
Edit: Since they played two dates in São Paulo, they'll probably use footage of both concerts, similarly to Live 2003.

Christo670

In A Head Full Of Dreams....
Coldplayer
that makes sense actually ! it's good to know , Hopefully the Miracles (Someone Special) performance from Milan will be on it too then ! Would also love to see a performance from the chicago show when it was raining so bad they had to stop the show and cut it short !

Krizer

Come on all for Love
Coldplayer
So happy to see this coming finally! A little strange that it’s from the last leg of the tour, didn’t they film tons of cities and performances, especially at France? A little disappointed that Birds isn’t on the live cd, but seems to be that it luckily makes it to the film. Amazing Day and Life Is Beautiful missing though. Was to be expected, but no old or rare Coldplay songs from the C-stage.

Last edited:

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
So happy to see this coming finally! A little strange that it’s from the last leg of the tour, didn’t they film tons of cities and performances, especially at France? A little disappointed that Birds isn’t on the live cd, but seems to be that it luckily makes it to the film. Amazing Day and Life Is Beautiful missing though. Was to be expected, but no old or rare Coldplay songs from the C-stage.
Yes, I'm kind of disappointed as well about the lack of Amazing Day and the fact that despite it being announced in multiple places (Paris, Milan, Tokyo etc.) that they were filming, all of this was scrapped :(
About old and rare songs, I never expected any !

What do you guys think about the VLV video ? Vocals too prominent in the mix and too 'clean'-sounding (too polished) imho. And the cuts are very jumpy...

ColdplayingMama

*Look at the stars, look how they shine for you*
Coldplayer
I agree with @I ran away , being disappointed about the lack of Amazing Day. But....this Butterfly Package sounds like it will be so amazing!!!
Am I understanding right that part of the 2DVD/2CD set will be the movie? As in, the same movie that is coming to theaters Nov 14?
If I am reading it right on the website and it is, that will be such an awesome package!!!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I agree with @I ran away , being disappointed about the lack of Amazing Day. But....this Butterfly Package sounds like it will be so amazing!!!
Am I understanding right that part of the 2DVD/2CD set will be the movie? As in, the same movie that is coming to theaters Nov 14?
If I am reading it right on the website and it is, that will be such an awesome package!!!
Yes, it will be that movie !

LambreXMusic

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So overjoyed to see this all on spotify. My commutes are gonna get a whole lot better come December!

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
Seems like it. That song has had a curious history, hasn't it. It also means that their claim that this is the first time a Coldplay concert has been released in its entirety is not 100% true.
It is true. They 2 CD live album is the complete November 15th Buenos Aires show.

Magic_2000

Gravity
Coldplayer
What do you guys think about the VLV video ? Vocals too prominent in the mix and too 'clean'-sounding (too polished) imho. And the cuts are very jumpy...
Yeah I agree specially with the cuts... like I get that they are trying to make it exciting and all but why are some shots so quick? It makes it a bit disorienting to watch in my opinion.

The_Blue_Room

In a bulletproof vest
Coldplayer
Well it looks like I'll have to find a bootleg for Life is Beautiful, I was holding out for an official release. Anyone know of the best version?