The Escapist makes me cry =(

Sleep

Sleep Satisfy
Coldplayer
Anybody else? I mean.. I don't actually cry but toward the part at the very end at 5:55 (off the Death and all his friends track) When he starts going "ooooooo"

Ahhh! its so sad! lol Anybody else get sad when they listen to this song?

Lalo5

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've teared up to the song in general not just the end.

mygdalom

ghost mode
Coldplayer
yes, me too

for me its like a dream ending, a touch of reality

Lalo5

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It’s depressing because it’s so true. Trying to make an escape from life, it’s what Coldplay is famous for in my opinion, taking a really serious and complex subject and summing it up in a simple yet deep and emotional way.

mygdalom

ghost mode
Coldplayer
It’s depressing because it’s so true. Trying to make an escape from life, it’s what Coldplay is famous for in my opinion, taking a really serious and complex subject and summing it up in a simple yet deep and emotional way.
in one and unique sentence, yes. We dream in the need to scape from this heavy reality (maybe playing music too :) )

Jay Niguez

Arizzo / NBC / Sonneh
Coldplayer
It doesn't make me cry, but it makes me think about life, death, being alone, being in a relationship, etc.

I actually love that song...

janis

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i love it and it makes me cry because this is the last song on coldplay's show..
in hannoveri'll know that's the end..
just like i knew in Berlin last year..
:(

gabbyy

the scientist.
Coldplayer
Yes, this song makes me cry quite a bit.
Same with 'Death And All His Friends'
A lot of Coldplay songs make me cry, to be honest.

bear

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i get that weird tingly feeling everytime i listen to the escapist.
if ive ever cried while listening to it, its because its just such a great ending to an album. optimistic but final at the same time, you know?

Starlight Chaser

you stole my overture
Coldplayer
Songs very rarely make me cry, but it's indeed a very powerful tune! And a bit sad, as well.

nadi

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The Escapist is incredible and I'm more than glad that it's the ending song of the album. Everytime I listen to it I picture myself lying on the grass, looking at the sky and dreaming :) I dunno why, but it gives me the impression that everything is going to be ok.
I think it works differently with me. I don't really see it as sad, or depressing. Actually, I find it sort of up-lifting :)

nick311

Queen of Coney Island
Coldplayer
The Escapist is incredible and I'm more than glad that it's the ending song of the album. Everytime I listen to it I picture myself lying on the grass, looking at the sky and dreaming :) I dunno why, but it gives me the impression that everything is going to be ok.
I think it works differently with me. I don't really see it as sad, or depressing. Actually, I find it sort of up-lifting :)
^this

Skittles!

Queen of the Dessert
Coldplayer
Anybody else? I mean.. I don't actually cry but toward the part at the very end at 5:55 (off the Death and all his friends track) When he starts going "ooooooo"

Ahhh! its so sad! lol Anybody else get sad when they listen to this song?
Yes. As you can tell I love the last set of lyrics in it. It's so sad but uplifting at the same time you know? I probably sound nuts but someone will get me :D