The "I Cried When I Listened To O" Thread

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
Nice thread, love people showing some emotion.

How about crying after O, does that count? Because I heard the album for the first time yesterday and after it was finished I started bawling my eyes out. The Zane Lowe interview/snippet made me cry too, when I heard it and then when I watched it.
It was way different than hearing MX, when I just felt empty and let down after it was done.

viva-la-coldplay

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I cried. Not buckets but more than a film 'single tear down the cheek' cry either.

O may have broken me a little.

leahg

I set you apart...
Coldplayer
so glad for this thread! I listened to it for the first time this morning while driving alone. I started crying behind the wheel! So heartbreakingly beautiful. Clearly my favourite of the album and probably, my favourite Coldplay album so far

Dany93

Cake Brigade Member!
Coldplayer
I cried and I keep crying every single time.

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
The live version is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jonny makes bird noises with his guitar and Will is playing the MX-era Strat with ebow..........now I know why people who heard it there compare it to Amsterdam. Very similar effect but what amazing atmospherics from Jonny and Will!!!!

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
It's that last bit (the actual O song) that gets me. Arghhhh.

clodplay

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
O

Yeah I love the two bar and a bit vibrato "oooooo" that Chris sings towards the end. Beaut.

SwedishColdplayer

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I didn't cry when I heard the full version of the song, but when I first heard the snippit of it that was on soundcloud from the zane lowe interview, the waterworks were a rushing. It's the perfect way to end off this beautiful album and story. It leaves you hanging but content with what you have. kinda like most of life.
I also dropped a tear or two when I listened to it on the Zane Lowe interview, and I've cried to it afterwards also (even though in more sad situations). But I almost never cry to music, so it was a really special moment for me. I wasn't at all prepared for a so beautiful song to be played during that interview - that was maybe a reason. :)

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
So what part of O is everyone talking about? There's Fly On, O, and O Reprise.

A couple weeks ago I was on the road and I saw the aftermath of a motorcycle accident. The motorcyclist was on the ground being helped by the ambulance and everyone and that side of the road was kind of blocked. That was when O Reprise came on in my iPod and I have to say it made me feel sadness and compassion to the whole world.

SwedishColdplayer

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So what part of O is everyone talking about? There's Fly On, O, and O Reprise.

A couple weeks ago I was on the road and I saw the aftermath of a motorcycle accident. The motorcyclist was on the ground being helped by the ambulance and everyone and that side of the road was kind of blocked. That was when O Reprise came on in my iPod and I have to say it made me feel sadness and compassion to the whole world.
In my case it was Fly on.

OH that was a really emotional moment I understand! I really hope everything ended up okay with the motorcyclist!

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
In my case it was Fly on.

OH that was a really emotional moment I understand! I really hope everything ended up okay with the motorcyclist!
Yeah I hope so too! For some reason O and O Reprise make me feel meditative and kind of sad. Not so much Fly On.