The Positive ETIAW Thread

matthewthecoolguy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So it may just be me, but I've always thought that etiaw's beginning is actually continuation from the song before it. it seems that they altered the single so it doesn't appear that way. so while listening to charlie brown live @ lollapalooza, i noticed the ending to it sounded really similar to how they began etiaw @ lollapalooza. so maybe charlie brown is the prelude to the finale that is etiaw? comments?

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
"Every tear"
"Every tear"
"Every teardrop is a Waterfall"
:love::hat2::angel::bow::drummer::hippy::sunny:

Love it...
The hottest day in Germany and ETIAW on repeat...

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I love love love it :) When the drums join, I get excited and then after the 'waaaterfall'part (just like you said Kaime), I go crazy and jump, sing and laugh, it's great :D
Am I happy to read this! I almost killed myself over my earphones cable yesterday as I could not stop jumping like crazy! I thought it was just me being weird, but I am glad I am not alone performing dangerous gravity-defying moves while listening to this song :D

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
Yesterday there was a farewell party for a good friend of mine and it was 5 o clock in the night , everyone was tired, nobody was dancing. Then, they played Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and it was magic. Everyone moved onto the dancefloor and jump and dance around, talking about this "wonderful song"... it was mind-blowing!

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
^Such a nice story! I am glad a lot of other people also feel this songs is like magic! :)

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
^Such a nice story! I am glad a lot of other people also feel this songs is like magic! :)
There are tons of positive reactions from my friends. Some of them are coldplay fans, some not but like the song. I never heard any negative reaction except some users here - but most of them accept ETIAW after some days/weeks. :)

I'm really happy with this song.

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
There are tons of positive reactions from my friends. Some of them are coldplay fans, some not but like the song. I never heard any negative reaction except some users here - but most of them accept ETIAW after some days/weeks. :)

I'm really happy with this song.
I'm guessing that the fans on Coldplaying are/were fans for a longer period of time than your average listener. I'm also guessing that because of this they are uncomfortable with the change from the Parachutes days to now. That's understandable but calling it the worst song ever is hyperbole.

For the record, I this song does not fit on my top 5 songs but more importantly, its not on my bottom 5/10/15/etc either. It would be near the upper echelon if I were to rank it.

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I'm guessing that the fans on Coldplaying are/were fans for a longer period of time than your average listener. I'm also guessing that because of this they are uncomfortable with the change from the Parachutes days
Yes that's probably why but then it makes you wonder why sticking to and following a band that has apparently disappointed you for over a decade. There is no way I would waste time keeping up and be involved in a band whose recent music I dislike in the hope of them coming back to do another the first album. I don't get them :)

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
I'm guessing that the fans on Coldplaying are/were fans for a longer period of time than your average listener. I'm also guessing that because of this they are uncomfortable with the change from the Parachutes days to now. That's understandable but calling it the worst song ever is hyperbole.
Maybe this is one reason, but two of my friends are "hardcore" fans since Parachutes and they absolutely love this song. Of course the band changes their style in the past with Viva, but generally speaking also X&Y, AROBTTH were changes with regard to the previous records. Of course the "Viva-change" was bigger than the ones before.

For me another reason for some criticism is that ETIAW was the first single for the new record/era after three long years (Christmas Lights won't be on the record) and its more a up-beat sommer and live tune and partially a cover. I'm really sure that ETIAW would have many more lovers if its only a album song, not the first single after this period.

Imke

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
The reason it has so many haters is, because it is musically a bad song.
There hardly is any artistical merit to this song.

Cheese Nip 2

Milkmen = Interesting
Coldplayer
I read a quote by Adam Levine, the guy from Maroon 5

"When a healthy percentage of your fans hate your "New Direction" I can't help but think we're doing something right."

So true. I am a big Beatles fan and when Sgt. Pepper, now widely regarded as the best album ever made, was released it was met with much criticism and many complained about their "new sound". Obviously though those people soon faded away into oblivion.

Imke

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
And I believe that you're wrong here.
I don't know why I even bother, but if you can give me one good reason why this song as a whole is a good musical arrangement other than your "It's up-beat and good for the summer", then we'll talk again.

I read a quote by Adam Levine, the guy from Maroon 5

"When a healthy percentage of your fans hate your "New Direction" I can't help but think we're doing something right."

So true. I am a big Beatles fan and when Sgt. Pepper, now widely regarded as the best album ever made, was released it was met with much criticism and many complained about their "new sound". Obviously though those people soon faded away into oblivion.
Coldplay is not the Beatles though, that's what you're forgetting.

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
Imke, I don't know why I have to give you any reason? Its your opinion, its ok for me but I just see different. And I just wanted to state that. Wasting time isn't one of my favorite leisure activities so I won't give you any reason to think different about ETIAW - I'm sure you are very biased (like me) so its definitely a waste of time for me...

Imke

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
Then why are you wasting your time trying to convince each and everyone of how great this song is?! That is exactly what you are doing.

The reason why I confront you is because I'm a stubborn person and sometimes I have problems keeping my mouth shut although I shouldn't waste my time, but your attitude is quite simply arrogant and know-it-all, not your opinion, your ATTITUDE.

Think about that for a change. Now I'm out of this thread.

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
Then why are you wasting your time trying to convince each and everyone of how great this song is?! That is exactly what you are doing.

The reason why I confront you is because I'm a stubborn person and sometimes I have problems keeping my mouth shut although I shouldn't waste my time, but your attitude is quite simply arrogant and know-it-all, not your opinion, your ATTITUDE.

This!

Major_Love, everyone knows what you think of the new stuff.
You haven't left out a single opportunity to let everyone know!

Now please do also accept that not everyone simply has to agree.
You won't change people's feelings, no matter how hard you try.

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer

Please?

Look at the title of this thread:

"THE POSITIVE ETIAW THREAD" - I don't want to convince some people, this is in first order a place for the ones who like the new song.

I ask you what you are doing here?!

Look at my postings - I just share some emotions and situations I had while listening to the song.

Its childish to leave the room now, but thats just the way how you present yourself.

Imke

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
The word is childish ... and yeah, I'm out of here now, because that is exactly what you are, my dear. :kiss: