The Positive ETIAW Thread

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
This!

Major_Love, everyone knows what you think of the new stuff.
You haven't left out a single opportunity to let everyone know!

Now please do also accept that not everyone simply has to agree.
You won't change people's feelings, no matter how hard you try.
Look at the posting below.

This is a room for the ones who like the song, so please what do you want from me?

Imke had to post her opinion in other threads like "the negative ETIAW thread" - that would have been better.

It was she who said that the musical quality of the song is crappy - it wasn't her opinion it was a general statement. THIS is arrogant but the same time she said to me I am arrogant.

And I gave my opinion in all the threads where there was the discussion about the "good old" vs. the "crappy new" stuff and I know that I can express my point of view here.

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
*points to "
" under her user name*
Yes, even we have opinions and feelings we can't hide all the time. :kiss:
Thats not the problem but hopefully you can understand why I don't understand that she said I want to convince people - look at the title. Primary its for people who like the song and nobody should be suprised if there are many positive situations or postings about ETIAW.

But with regard to your signatur and the way how mods collaborate in this forum I'm not surprised about your attitude towards the debate.

Its okay for me...I'm going to read the new roadie...

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I am kinda with Major on this one...I can understand the thread was created to share positive impressions on ETIAW as clearly a lot of negative opinions were already posted. That said, I find it baffling to say the least that people can not state their opinion without belittling others. I am afraid to break it to anyone out there but there is no truth when it comes to music taste: just opinions. So let´s respect one another. If we can not do that in a forum for Coldplay lovers, where else can we? We Coldplay fans are often abused enough elsewhere, don´t you think? :)

Major_Love

A Prospekt
Coldplayer
I have no problem when she say that she doesn't like the song and believe that there isn't any musical quality. But I hate it when people truely think that there is only their opinion and no room for other points of view.

Consequently I said to her:" I THINK you are wrong".

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
^ I agree. Opinions should be voiced as subjective thoughts, not as absolutes.

Cheese Nip 2

Milkmen = Interesting
Coldplayer
Coldplay is not the Beatles though, that's what you're forgetting.
I respectfully disagree. I think Coldplay is a fine example of a modern day Beatles. That's one of the many reasons they're so awesome!:artist::sultan::toff::sombrero:

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I wish people would stop comparing anyone to the Beatles. As a band they found themselves in a time where pop musical territory was unexplored and set out to revolutionize music as we know it. No modern band can ever have that advantage again. That said, any band that boldly reinvents itself can be rightly compared to the Beatles and I think Coldplay continue to be very very brave.

Cheese Nip 2

Milkmen = Interesting
Coldplayer
I wish people would stop comparing anyone to the Beatles. As a band they found themselves in a time where pop musical territory was unexplored and set out to revolutionize music as we know it. No modern band can ever have that advantage again. That said, any band that boldly reinvents itself can be rightly compared to the Beatles and I think Coldplay continue to be very very brave.
yeah thats exactly what I mean, none of Coldplays albums have been the same

ethan06

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This song is so good to sing along and spaz to. And you can continue that trend into Major Minus. ^_^

I SHUT THE WORLD OUTSIDE UNTIL THE LIGHTS COME ON <3

shesawsparks

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I don't care what anyone else thinks about this song, i LOVE it, it's so upbeat and fun, and MMIX is such a great way of introducing it on the album. :D

izzym

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
'I'd rather be a comma than a fullstop'

THE mOst fucking awesome line yet !

It's an awesome
Song . Makes me feel like nothing else matters and allthe shit things in your mind bugger off when ETIAW is about!

MXColdplayObsessed

ITS A REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!
Coldplayer
I love ETIAW, I don't really understand some of the hate being directed at it. How can anyone hate it, it's about your heart beating to your favorite song! :D