Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Problem with Viva la Vida

low76

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
WOW! I dont want to say. I cant believe we waited 3 years for this. Totally disappointing. Sorry to say but the Coldplay we know is no more. You cant look foward to anything these days it seems.

Littlewhiteshadows

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
As you've already said, mate. Such pessimism, give VLVADAAHF a chance, you've heard two songs and another that wasn't even good enough for the album!

RunForTheHills

AKA Zemy101
Coldplayer
WOW! I dont want to say. I cant believe we waited 3 years for this. Totally disappointing. Sorry to say but the Coldplay we know is no more. You cant look foward to anything these days it seems.
So you were waiting for 3 years, expecting to hear more of the same? They have moved on, grown, explored different musical flavours. Surely them taking a risk with this album should at least earn them a little respect. Besides, you've heard two songs from the new album. Only two, and theyre completely different to each other. I think you should give them a chance, and make you're decision as to whether or not Coldplay as we know it has died forever, once the new album is out.

And I agree with the vast majority of the opinions posted here! :D

EnglishSilk

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"Something for everyone"....

that is so true,...so far. After having heard all three of the new songs, I have so much anticipation to hear the rest.

We have 4generations living in our home right now(75- age 2 !)

We ALL love Coldplay!!!
But as yet, we each fancy a different song.
My teenagers prefer vIVA lA vIDA
my husband(age 5o)really likes ASARY,
and myself, ( a 70`s child), prefers the more rock) of Violet Hill.

I think it`s great we will all have something to relate to on one album!

I applaud the bands efforts to stay fresh.

(FYI- 75 yr. old Granny prefers AROBTTH) !!! LOL:laugh3:

Nash

Biostathicism Status...
Coldplayer
its perfectly normal...
changeZ hapenZ!!

but really, coldplay is not just a sound, is the musicart they make...
and VH and VLV have perfectly coldplay essences.

personally love their new stuff.

:guitarist:

Bonus_mosher

THE BUCKLANNND
Coldplayer
Hey Time.

I agree and I disagree.

I think you have touched on important issues with the new material.

I agree when you say it seems alot like it's JUST chris.
and not like coldplay

but I disagree because if will, jon and Guy didn't like/love/have a hand in/ appreciate the music then it wouldn't be on the album. and we all know will loves to say 'no!' :laugh3:

Now after reading your post (I was listening to VLV at the time) I put Violet hill on and even that at a contrast, sounds like "Oldplay" <-- Geddit!? :lol: the point im making is, that it's different, but it's brilliant, so try not to worry about the other lads, they'll have had their hand in, in fact, I bet will is playing the whole orchestra! LMAO!

so yeah, long story short... it's different, but it's fucking addictive!! :D

TimeIsOnYourSide

moving to mars....
Coldplayer
but I disagree because if will, jon and Guy didn't like/love/have a hand in/ appreciate the music then it wouldn't be on the album. and we all know will loves to say 'no!' :laugh3:
yeah and that is what's reassuring me right now.
I just really need to hear the whole thing in conjunction.

a2iel

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I understand where everyone is coming from.. I gotta get it out of my chest too..

they kept saying that this is the album they'd be remembered by. that they tried things they hadnt tried before and all. I was really looking forward to it, thinking wow, these guys must have cooked something impressive this time, pushing their sound even further. I thought they come up with something really new. be pioneers in the alt pop rock sound. but after listening to these 3 tracks, it sounds like they just tried something that was new to them (selling out), but not new to the world. viva la vida sounds like a chris eno song, i hear no jonny, no guy, and very little will. it sounds like it seriously was just chris martins project with some backing musicians. the song isnt bad, but it sounds more like a one republic song rather than a coldplay song.

dont hate me, I'm still exited about tons of new music of theirs, but i really hope there's something like what i was expecting on the album.

Pseudonym

Why She Loves Me?
Coldplayer
I think its a good song, but just very different. Wasnt there an adjustment period when X&Y came out too? I dont think many people were expecting Square One to sound the way it did, so people had to adjust to the new sound. Its the same thing all over again. Coldplay cant stay the same as Parachutes or Rush of Blood forever, or theyll just be doing the same songs over and over again. They need to grow and change. Remember, a new album can never take away the classic stuff. Those songs will always be there, so if you dont like the new album, its not like your losing anything.

ricardo

n00b
Coldplayer
I'm not nuts but I hear electric guitar in some parts and drums if I listen more carefuly I might listen bass

a2iel

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I think its a good song, but just very different. Wasnt there an adjustment period when X&Y came out too? I dont think many people were expecting Square One to sound the way it did, so people had to adjust to the new sound. Its the same thing all over again. Coldplay cant stay the same as Parachutes or Rush of Blood forever, or theyll just be doing the same songs over and over again. They need to grow and change. Remember, a new album can never take away the classic stuff. Those songs will always be there, so if you dont like the new album, its not like your losing anything.
i remember tho, I really really loved square one as soon as i heard it, it was a good strange for coldplay! actually i thought they'd go in a similar direction to square one with these new songs.. unexpected changes, guitar noises, cool drum loops, incredible bass lines, intriguing melodies... but eh

RunForTheHills

AKA Zemy101
Coldplayer
I'm not nuts but I hear electric guitar in some parts and drums if I listen more carefuly I might listen bass
Yeah, i hear a single note guitar riff in each chorus on the left speaker, where it chimes once every two beats. I also hear guitar effects on the right speaker right before the vocal only part (before the last chorus)near the end.

masterkraig

Coldplay+Oxfam
Coldplayer
anyone know y they realese it so early?
the 2 songs are not going well in itunes :( I afraid that this album will not sell...
Just noticed Viva La Vida is the number 1 album on iTunes, with the Viva La Vida Single at number 6... so far!

Success much?

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
it's so diferent from what we've hear before from Coldplay, but at the same time the best thing I've heared from them this year! what a great album this would be! :D

bluexylophone

nightclubbing
Coldplayer
the only problem i have with VLV is that it lacks a significant climax, the way Coldplay songs classically do.
other than that, it's great.