===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

ISawSparks06

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Hi guys :/ I don't wanna be dramatic, but terrified we're gonna get another Coldplay album that I just don't vibe with. The tracks are O.K., but I don't see myself listening to either on the regular by any means.

prospekt46

"Nu-Sensitive music, that's bollocks though"
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
If anyone just caught the SNL performance of Everyday Life it sure sounded like an X&Y b-side. Looking forward to the album tbh.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
If anyone just caught the SNL performance of Everyday Life it sure sounded like an X&Y b-side. Looking forward to the album tbh.
I didn't get that many X&Y vibes from it to be honest, but it is my second favourite song off this record of the three we know so far !
I just miss the perfectionism that early Coldplay had. Can't help but feeling that ten, twelve years ago they wouldn't have put out a song with a not-so-perfect ending like that. The fact that the second verse is ridiculously short also makes it feel as if there is a little off with it. These are just little missteps that would not have made it on a record back then. Nowadays a lot of the songs seem less "perfectionized", unfortunately.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
terrified we're gonna get another Coldplay album that I just don't vibe with.
That was my big fear before AHFOD and it ended up being justified, so I can totally understand what you're feeling.

Personally I think I'll like this album, though. Love Arabesque and Everyday Life is pretty decent too.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
They are dead but I'm kind of OK with that. I don't really want another AROBTTH, as much as I love it, and I do love it a lot. It's very much an album of its time, another one would feel regressive at this point. AROBTTH was a lengthy album as it was, it had a ton of b-sides, then X&Y took that sound and ran it into the ground. We don't need any more songs in that style.
I have to politely disagree. I feel the songs on AROBTTH and X&Y and their B-sides are sonically different enough from one another not to be repetition. There is 1.000.000 more permutations of guitar/piano alt rock the guys could have gone for. Not saying every album should have been like that, but I could and would definitely listen to many more albums that would have taken the early Coldplay sound further.

I highly doubt Everyday Life will pick up where Viva left off though.
This post was made 1,5 weeks ago, but with what we know NOW I'd say yes, I'm pretty positive it picks up where Viva left off - just flavored with their (Chris's) new attitude to life and spirituality and their world music influences :)

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
AROBTTH is their defining album. I don’t think anything they will ever do will live up to it.

This time around I’m going to try and judge the album on its own merits, not constantly trying to measure it up against AROBTTH because it will never shape up to it.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Did you hear the preview of Guns just now ? It sounds VERY promising. I'm so, so hyped for this album right now. I feel this Album will be the masterpiece we've all been waiting for in the last 10 years. The turn Coldplay should have taken after Viva.

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Definitely, I have a feeling this album will eclipse Viva.. and to say that about a Coldplay LP in 2019 is really saying something.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Definitely, I have a feeling this album will eclipse Viva.. and to say that about a Coldplay LP in 2019 is really saying something.
It is indeed something !
But tbh, I don't think I could personally rank it higher than Viva. I love the new material (minus Orphans), but I can't see being more attached to it than to Viva La Vida (the song), or Cemeteries of London, or Lovers in Japan, or Lost!...

VCF

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Trying not to get too excited as we've only heard 20% of the LP (and as there are still some flaws of modern Coldplay/Chris writing and vocals here and there), but this is probably the best start to a new era for a long while.

Really hoping I can go back to this thread in 15 days to tell once and for all that Everyday Life is the best Coldplay work since Viva.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
A bit worried now to be honest since I heard that according to Chris Orphans was supposed to be on LP9, the album that will probably get a big world tour.
This makes me fear for the quality of LP9. I worry it'll be like AHFOD all over again.

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
LP9 I feel will be the ‘return to safety’ for Coldplay. Very newplay, but they may still pack more of a punch than AHFOD

Carolina*

Up&Up
Coldplayer
A bit worried now to be honest since I heard that according to Chris Orphans was supposed to be on LP9, the album that will probably get a big world tour.
This makes me fear for the quality of LP9. I worry it'll be like AHFOD all over again.
Did they ever confirm that LP9 is coming out next year? I can't keep up

Nikolette

Coldplayer
Coldplayer

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
If you still haven't found it, newscoldplay uploaded the interview on their tumblr account (link), and as far as my vpn worked and I saw, it last exactly 3:35 on the radio's website as well!
Thanks. Maybe I'm using the wrong VPNs, but the video never shows up for me. The text does, but not the Video.
I can only use online VPNs, can't install anything cause this is not my computer.