===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
The fact that this album won’t be toured is crushingly disappointing. I would have loved to have seen that.

Last edited:

VCF

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Better than Viva, Fuck it’s better than X&Y.

Best Coldplay LP since AROBTTH anyone?
No, I have to disagree. But I'm happy for you that you like it.
I think Coldplay will always suffer from their first four releases anyway, even if EL turns out to be a great album. VLV was so good imo that it would now need a masterpiece to be able to equal it or at least get close.

Still too early to rank it for me, but EL is definitely closer to the first four albums than MX/GS/AHFOD. It is clearly a step forward. I think it has some modern Coldplay flaws and fillers that won't make me like it as much as the first four (minus X&Y maybe) overtime. At least they go somewhere with this album, so we can be happy in the end. EL has some bangers that could even be better if they were played live.

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Haven't listened to the album yet but these early reactions are really encouraging. Especially those from the folks who frequent this thread. Sounds like we're getting Viva Pt. 2 after all... and Arabesque + that snippet of Guns weren't just a fluke.

andrewsky

The Scientist
Coldplayer

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
For sure !
Although have to say Guns was a bit of a letdown for me - great guitar and great verses but the chorus sounds so demo-y and unfinished...

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
For sure !
Although have to say Guns was a bit of a letdown for me - great guitar and great verses but the chorus sounds so demo-y and unfinished...
ahhh I like the rawness, I think it fits with the anger in the lyrics and the way he sings them. but I see where you're coming from

Marchez94

Singing a rebel song
Coldplayer
I'm finally writing on this forum after a several years break! I haven't listened to the album yet, so I would just ask one questions to the Oldplayers who did:
Are Coldplay really back or is it just some kind of trick?

maeli

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
For me the album reminds me of parachutes... a bit darker ... lots of acoustic stuff in it...
Orphans definitely don’t fit in its like the ASFOS from GS...

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
I'm finally writing on this forum after a several years break! I haven't listened to the album yet, so I would just ask one questions to the Oldplayers who did:
Are Coldplay really back or is it just some kind of trick?
They're back, kinda...

MarckozZ

Planeta Coldplay
Coldplayer
They’re definitely back. This album and the last 3 are like night and day.
Well, for me this album feels great but lacks something... definitely needs to grow more on me. So far, TiT, Daddy, WINAF, Cry x3 and EL are the ones I like the most.