Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Today I have learned...

yoyo2000

I'm hyp
Coldplayer
After all those informative spammers and informative threads, we real users should share our random discoveries of the day in order to learn more unnecessary things.

Today I have learned about the last 48 hours of a 5000 year old frozen man named Ötzi found in Austria.
In 2001 X-rays and a CT scan revealed that Ötzi had an arrowhead lodged in his left shoulder when he died, and a matching small tear on his coat. The discovery of the arrowhead prompted researchers to theorize Ötzi died of blood loss from the wound, which would probably have been fatal even if modern medical techniques had been available.

M Marks The Spot

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
After all those informative spammers and informative threads, we real users should share our random discoveries of the day in order to learn more unnecessary things.
That's a great idea! I really like this one. I actually can't wait to read the others' posts to learn something new. :D

As for me, today I have learnt that UN is an organization that has been trying to maintain world peace and prevent world conflicts and wars from happening. (I seriously had no idea that UN also actually did this.) It shouldn't be surprising that UN does its best to cultivate and deepen relations between the nations. And lastly, this organization has already been functioning since 1945. (What a long time it has been around!)

Carolina*

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Wow these are interesting!

Today in my calculus class we started learning about integrals, which can be used to find the area under a curve. Maybe I'd add more here if I understood it better..

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer

Today in my calculus class we started learning about integrals, which can be used to find the area under a curve. Maybe I'd add more here if I understood it better..
Ah, the simple days of Calc 1.

The kind of math I learned today was how to solve for all residue classes x(mod n) that satisfy polynomials.

yoyo2000

I'm hyp
Coldplayer

I've done this a month before! This is very useful and not as difficult as it seems first.

M Marks The Spot

Coldplayer
Today I've learned something that always was in the English student book but I had no idea about that, in fact. What a pleasant discovery it was after being called on to give a 5-minute monologue! :joy:

Last edited:

yoyo2000

I'm hyp
Coldplayer
Today I've learned that there are more US citizens of German descent than British.

Coldplay kid!

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Today I have learnt that Morrisons own Marshmallows aren't as nice as the Haribos ones.

M Marks The Spot

Coldplayer
Today I have learned how to properly use mixed conditionals. (Finally!) By the way, do English native speakers use mixed conditionals a lot when they write or speak?

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Today I have learned how to properly use mixed conditionals. (Finally!) By the way, do English native speakers use mixed conditionals a lot when they write or speak?
I had to Google what mixed conditionals are haha. I use them, but I wouldn't say I use them a lot.

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Today I've learned that the Dunkin Donuts down the road from me consistently doesn't know how to properly make an Iced Caramel Latte.

M Marks The Spot

Coldplayer
I had to Google what mixed conditionals are haha. I use them, but I wouldn't say I use them a lot.
Thank you for your response, that's good to know! I've never seen that mixed conditionals are used very much, thus, I had to ask, haha.

M Marks The Spot

Coldplayer
Today I've learnt that Mr. Bean had owned an orange car before he switched to a green one! Or was it the other way round? LOL. Still the one and the same model despite different colours, right? :joy:

I must have clearly forgotten this...

Gideon_Mx

What If This Is All The Love You Ever Get?
Coldplayer
Today I've learned that there is an official remix of Yellow :)