True Love

atlas2000

Along for the ride
Staff member
Coldplayer
Does anyone else think this is similar to True Love, musically?

[video=youtube;u1RUWqVtrO0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1RUWqVtrO0[/video]

MrMilanista

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
As soon as the drums kick in and he sings his verses there, yes it sound a bit like True Love. :D

atlas2000

Along for the ride
Staff member
Coldplayer
That's what I thought too... Its sort of similar lyrically imo in a meaning sort of way

nvdmm

Oldplayer
Coldplayer
This is one of the most beautiful songs they've ever created. I've been listening to it everyday and it just takes your breath away every single time. And Jonny's work on it deserves a thread of its own!!

gai

^ it is a stunning track. initially i didn't like the melody of 'if you don't then lie to me' part, because i thought it wasn't fitting to the theme, the pain it actually shows. but with jonny's riff, the whole song is put in another dimension. it really is wailing. and the lyrics are good too.

ColdplayerChick

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This song is amazing. I guessed the title was irony, since the song isn't really about true love, it's about someone not loving the other as much as they do or not even loving them at all, but still wanting to hear those words to make themselves feel better.

nvdmm

Oldplayer
Coldplayer
^ Very true. Agree with you both. Everything the band has ever done with strings is absolutely breathtaking. I've always wondered what if they incorporated more of it into their music.

Jaes

LP6
Coldplayer
[video=youtube;EMQzgRhald0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMQzgRhald0[/video]

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Heard True Love on the radio for the 1st time by mistake, went to turn my ipod function on via my stereo and clicked DAB instead and Absolute Radio started playing it, sounds very epic to say the least on radio <3