Unnamed LP9 Thread

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hello everyone,

Everyday Life is not even out yet at the time of writing, but from rumours that came before, Coldplay were planning on following up in 2020 with a new album.

Everything is speculative at the moment, but our best guess is that LP9 will be a poppier output in contrast with the more raw and political themes of Everyday Life.

But what do you think? Do you expect this to be a more poppier album as everyone speculates, or will Everyday Life bring about a new direction for Coldplay?

As we get more info, i'll try and update the first post.

Dec 20/19
View: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/1208097179132235777

Last edited:

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm not actually sure we'll get LP9 this early, because if Coldplay has been consistent in one thing over their last 20 years, it's been delayed releases :D
Ha, that's true. I remember them saying theyd work on an album indefinitely if it wasn't for someone ripping it out of their hands!

coldplaymakesmyday

You're so far away. That's okay.
Coldplayer
It feels strange to be thinking about this album only about a month after the first EL poster was put up.

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
I'm expecting something more like AHFOD, but then again they are "full of surprises" *shrug* Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Regardless... look how far we've come since the speculation that AHFOD was going to be the last Coldplay album :joy:

I'm not actually sure we'll get LP9 this early, because if Coldplay has been consistent in one thing over their last 20 years, it's been delayed releases :D
You've got a point there! :joy: I'm guessing November 2020 at the very earliest, but more likely the spring of 2021.

a2iel

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I'm ready for LP9. I liked EL but honestly it didn't sound anything like what Orphans and Arabesque was hinting at, which is the only reason it bummed me out a little. Had they chosen to share, Eko and Everyday Life first maybe I woulda been prepared for such a quiet album. Anyways, looking forward to the band to make more songs that highlight all the members again!

gacbrandao

Coldplayer
Well..from what we know so far, I believe that we will get more of a mainstream album, not necessarily pop.. but maybe more in the veins of songs like church..orphans and champion of the world on a full album. And thats so great cos.. COTW is classic coldplay with some new touches..church is beatiful too..and all this songs are not like sooo much pop like ahfd or even mylo. I think it got more of their essence..and they sound more approachable and mainstream..so if I had to guess..I would think that LP9 will be more like those tracks. We'll see.

And dont forget that recently Chris said on a interview that they are not worrying about how commercial they are..not thinking much of that stuff lately So i think that this kinda reject a full pop album..that is not their focus anymore.

Ps: please let "the race" be a part of the new album haha

Last edited:

Brook

Coldplayer
Even after 8 albums, people still don't see that Coldplay don't do the same thing twice.

There will be no AHFOD 2 or MX 2 or VLV 2 etc etc.

If they're doing a 9th album, it'll be something different, again. Sure there are always similarities between albums, but it will be different enough that you can hear the song and know it's from LP9.

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer

Strawberry Swinger

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
Even after 8 albums, people still don't see that Coldplay don't do the same thing twice.

There will be no AHFOD 2 or MX 2 or VLV 2 etc etc.

If they're doing a 9th album, it'll be something different, again. Sure there are always similarities between albums, but it will be different enough that you can hear the song and know it's from LP9.
Except they have been trying to duplicate Mylo Xyloto ever since and they will, trust me.

Alberte

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well..from what we know so far, I believe that we will get more of a mainstream album, not necessarily pop.. but maybe more in the veins of songs like church..orphans and champion of the world on a full album. And thats so great cos.. COTW is classic coldplay with some new touches..church is beatiful too..and all this songs are not like sooo much pop like ahfd or even mylo. I think it got more of their essence..and they sound more approachable and mainstream..so if I had to guess..I would think that LP9 will be more like those tracks. We'll see.

And dont forget that recently Chris said on a interview that they are not worrying about how commercial they are..not thinking much of that stuff lately So i think that this kinda reject a full pop album..that is not their focus anymore.

Please please please let "the race" be on LP9

gacbrandao

Coldplayer

About what I said earlier, here is a part from a recent interview: "Not worry about commercial perfomance" this got to mean something right?.. so o think is unlikely we will get an album like mylo or ahfd. I think the direction will be a mix of the essence of the band from the first 4 albums with some nuances of pop, like it happens on tracks like orphans or church or even CoTw...well Im excited, cos it feels like I've been waiting this band for 12 years and they are finally back

Attachments