Up&Up To Become The Next Single From A Head Full of Dreams

D

diogo_sg

Wait a minute, is the music video gonna be for the radio edit version of Up&Up???
NOOOOOOOO!!!![emoji33]
Is the music video really for Up&Up? It would make sense if it were, as it is the new single, but the song they played twice in Mexico was AHFOD, not Up&Up.

Aiko

Glowing in the Dark
Coldplayer
Is the music video really for Up&Up? It would make sense if it were, as it is the new single, but the song they played twice in Mexico was AHFOD, not Up&Up.
I think the AHFOD video will be a "Live Video" like they did with Charlie Brown :)

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
I don't think there will be an A Head Full of Dreams music video. They've never done music videos for album openers.

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't think there will be an A Head Full of Dreams music video. They've never done music videos for album openers.
I dont like to contradict people, but Don't Panic was a single and had a music video.......but they havent done one since then

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
I dont like to contradict people, but Don't Panic was a single and had a music video.......but they havent done one since then
Oh yes, you're right. For some reason I forgot about Parachutes :(

Last edited:

myl_oxyl_oto

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
The radio edit is pure and utter crap. They've taken out about 1/2 of the second verse (goes straight from "lying in the gutter, aiming for the moon..." to "see the forest there in every seed"). They've taken out the second solo completely (up and up and up) and the piano in between. No "believe in love" either.

Tl;dr -- a lot of what made the song beautiful (for me at least) is gone. Not cool, Coldplay.

Zoe28

Up&Up
Coldplayer
It's basically the version they did on the Today show. It ends quite suddenly, like Birds.. Guess this is how they are promoting this song.. I don't mind any of the versions, to be honest.. :shrug:

appleguyjoe

Back to Square One
Coldplayer
I agree with myl_oxyl_oto. I'm not a fan of the edit at all. They took one of, if not the best song on the album and butchered it with sloppy cuts. It's a shame that people first listening to this song on the radio won't hear the full beauty of it.

Alteran Ancient

To see the one I love!
Coldplayer
Just listened to the Radio Edit. I'm not an audio engineer, but I can tell you immediately that it is sloppy. Really sloppy. If this was planned to be a Single for release on radio from the start, then it should have been recorded again for the purpose of releasing a cut-down version that at least wouldn't sound so slap-dash.

The un-cut version is by far one of my favourites on the album, and it's such a shame that the edit doesn't do the song any justice.

Lukestar1991

Coldplayer
Up & Up is too long and not really a radio single - it's a great album track and closer to the theme of the album. Fun would have been the next best single if they are already giving up on Hymn for the Weekend which I don't understand - they need to do another promo with Beyonce there - unless they don't like the negative publicity Beyonce has been getting for her anti-police song. Fun or Army of One are the two tracks that have some sort of radio potential with Fun being the most - I would have thought Everglow would be another one even though they did it as a promo single.
"Anti-police" ? xD

Lukestar1991

Coldplayer
Just listened to the Radio Edit. I'm not an audio engineer, but I can tell you immediately that it is sloppy. Really sloppy. If this was planned to be a Single for release on radio from the start, then it should have been recorded again for the purpose of releasing a cut-down version that at least wouldn't sound so slap-dash.

The un-cut version is by far one of my favourites on the album, and it's such a shame that the edit doesn't do the song any justice.
I think I'd have to agree. It just doesn't make sense to cut a song of that length when the album is full of commercially viable songs (Fun, Amazing Day, even Army of One). I also find it quite ironic that the single version has been butchered when you think of how the album version is essentially 3 chunks of music melded into one. Don't get me wrong, I love the original as it is but the second solo section is one of the most blatantly obvious edits I've ever heard on a record...

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I just listened to it for the first time, and I had pretty low expectations after reading all this. However, I thought the radio edit wasn't that bad. It was a little choppy in like 2 places, but nothing major that ruins the song. I thought they did the song justice in the limited time they had!

Gideon_Mx

Everyone sees the colour in each other's eyes
Coldplayer
That's a good one. (Except for Don't Panic ;))

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
That's a good one. (Except for Don't Panic ;))
technically not an album, but Life In Technicolor ii... also, HLH has that comic video, right ?
That said, I don't believe AHFOD will get a video. That would be too many videos for one Era.

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
I just listened to it for the first time, and I had pretty low expectations after reading all this. However, I thought the radio edit wasn't that bad. It was a little choppy in like 2 places, but nothing major that ruins the song. I thought they did the song justice in the limited time they had!
Gotta agree with this. It's not that bad. I mean, considering the stuff we hear on radio these days, it's decent. A bit of a disappoinment but that's what the AHFOD era has been for me so far anyway lol.

flockofbirds222

Believe In Love❤️
Coldplayer
I was actually looking forward to hearing Up&Up on the radio, it's my favorite song from AHFOD and also one of my favorite songs ever. But now I don't really anymore. The radio version cut 3/4 of my favorite part and also some cute are so awkward... [emoji26]
Like, finally a song with two awesome guitar solos and then they just cut them out?! I just hope at least the video will be for the normal version so I can at least enjoy that.
And really, what's the matter with a song being 6 minutes or something? I feel like Up&Up is the kind of song that's just gotta be that long, cause it makes you feel like it's only 3 minutes or something anyway.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app