Up&Up

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
Yeah but we already have three singles with videos from AHFOD (AOAL, Birds, HFTW)
Hmm.. I don't recall Birds actually being released as a single. I thought it just had a music video and was a pleasent surprise from Coldplay...

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hmm.. I don't recall Birds actually being released as a single. I thought it just had a music video and was a pleasent surprise from Coldplay...
Kinda like Midnight

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
All valid speculations. Yes, it's really hard to tell what category Up&Up falls into :) Let's wait and see.

Rickulus

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I reeeaally want a music video for this one.

Last edited:

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
up&up is the next single!

Coldplay’s “Up&Up” Added To The KROQ Playlist
February 17, 2016 2:03 PM
Filed Under: Coldplay, Most Played

(Photo by Cody Black / KROQ.com)
Coldplay has proven to be one of the most successful acts of the new millennium, selling millions of records and earning seven GRAMMYs. Last year they released A Head Full of Dreams, their seventh studio album. “Up&UP” is the latest single from the album.

kroq
Interesting. I love Up&Up, but it's probably the last choice I had for a single (next to XMTS). I doubt they're doing it for the attention though, considering the song is essentially what the album is all about.

MosesTheMarshmallow

Coldplayer
Up&Up seems like a great chance to tell a good story.

What If, White Shadows, IIRC, were released only in 1 or 2 countries as a single? U-songs on MX came out as a Record Day special. These were very specific circumstances, but I think if you look at everything that was a general single, there should be a video. For instance, I don't think most of us think of GPASUYF or Talk as singles nowadays but those had videos.

D

diogo_sg

I can't stop thinking of how awesome the music video to this song could be. Imagine the Choir singing this with the band while walking down a huge, colourful street. Or an actual short film with a strong story and a powerful message at the end. What could the band possibly do for this? There are so many great concepts and ideas!

Gideon_Mx

Everyone sees the colour in each other's eyes
Coldplayer
I can't stop thinking of how awesome the music video to this song could be. Imagine the Choir singing this with the band while walking down a huge, colourful street. Or an actual short film with a strong story and a powerful message at the end...
Yeah you're right ! [emoji3]
Im really looking forward to it !!! [emoji2]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Z220 met Tapatalk

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
For instance, I don't think most of us think of GPASUYF or Talk as singles nowadays but those had videos.
How? These were both singles released worldwide. I own both of them on vinyl.

Some people don't consider the world to be round, that doesn't make it flat.

MosesTheMarshmallow

Coldplayer
I guess I phrased that clumsily. They're not on the level of Yellow/Scientist/Fix You/VLV is what I really meant, in terms of appearing in live setlists, radio play (to SOME extent), being remembered as "the great Coldplay singles".

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I guess I phrased that clumsily. They're not on the level of Yellow/Scientist/Fix You/VLV is what I really meant, in terms of appearing in live setlists, radio play (to SOME extent), being remembered as "the great Coldplay singles".
For me, Talk is a great single and I have often heard it on radio even years after release

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
I only hope that they will remain playing the full version during concerts. Of course the radio version is better as a single but for the full experience of the song I need all those damn guitar solos and the long build up.