Very similar song to Birds

jeremyy

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Last edited:

iboware

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This can be the second Viva La Vida case. It is not only a simple resemblance. Guitar riffs are exactly the same. It seems they have used digital drums instead of acoustic ones. Just asking why? Such a shame!

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
The riff is not exactly the same though, is it ?

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
What the heck this is so similar!!! It's like a darker version...

iboware

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The riff is not exactly the same though, is it ?
I think it is. I mean the intro bits. In "Birds" guitar sound is just a bit faster and cleaner than "Your Colour". If you can increase the pitch and the speed of "Your Colour", you can feel it better. As they say:

"Birds" go flying at the speed of sound
To show you how it all began

42JTR

Watching my life on the skyline
Coldplayer
I agree with the similarities in playing/style, but the riff is definitely not the same. (I've also tried to play the riff from Birds to be sure on this one and it doesn't work ;) )
The Birds riff is actually quite similar to the riff of Hurts Like Heaven during the outro of the song, it's almost identical.

Last edited:

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
I agree with the similarities in playing/style, but the riff is definitely not the same. (I've also tried to play the riff from Birds to be sure on this one and it doesn't work ;) )
The Birds riff is actual quite similar to the riff of Hurts Like Heaven during the outro of the song, it's almost identical.
I just noticed that now that you brought it up... they have the same dreamy feeling as well. They were going for the same thing in Birds.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
"Birds" go flying at the speed of sound
To show you how it all began
Even though I still don't entirely agree with you there I love your witty use of this Speed Of Sound Lyric :D

Kamili

Leave your broken windows open
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Just a little but I don`t find it worrying.

iboware

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Even though I still don't entirely agree with you there I love your witty use of this Speed Of Sound Lyric :D
First of all thanks! :D Yes, maybe the usage of the words "exactly the same" was a bit exaggeration in this context, because I was shocked when I heard how similar they are. Still I think they are very alike and it does not seem to be a coincidence, but I wish it is just a coincidence and hope someone can convince me about that.

Mexima

Don Quixote
Coldplayer
not really... drumbeats sound similar and the feel when guitar starts but that's all...