Welcome to Coldplaying!

Register now to access the largest Coldplay Community with over 100,000 fans and an abundance of Downloads, Coldplay Games and more!

SignUp Now!

Welcome to the new Coldplaying Forums!

Stephen

Mr. Coldplaying v3
Staff member
Owner
Coldplayer
Hello and welcome back to the new and improved Coldplaying Forums!

After a week of technical glitches and errors on the forums we finally decided to change forum software. The old vBulletin software was just too buggy and outdated to be used.

The change to Xenforo was something we've been considering for the future and while it's not happened at the most convenient time, it's faster, more stable and is fully mobile compatible and is considered by many to be the best option for an internet forum. The downside is the customization that's disappeared from the removal of Vbulletin. Several of the desktop features, such as the chatbox, extra smilies, profile info will have disappeared but there are many new options we'll have for the new forum version, so we'll look to bring some features back (if possible) and also add helpful new ones

One of the new features that is currently being tested is the "resources" page. While we have one of the most extensive Coldplay multimedia databases, it is slightly difficult to navigate and is messy. The resources feature will gather all the information from previous multimedia forums and sort them into a more easier interface. You can see an example of this page and its quick download feature here!

And of course, when something new is introduced there will be problems. If you find the forums confusing or have no idea where a feature has gone, or if you notice a bug/glitch, please post them here. Thanks for your feedback :)

oldmuckers

Prospekt's March
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Woohoo!

... sorry I've had AOAL stuck in my head for a week!

New forum looks very nice guys! Great to see that not only did your team save the forum but have also taken the time to improve upon it. Well done!

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Great job! New era, new Forum!

anthamic

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Am I the only one who lost all my previous subscriptions?

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Can we get our hard-earned likes back, please ?

Also, I'm sad about the loss of the album smilies :(

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
There is an issue with the app, it is not showing posts I've done on the desktop version.

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The app is also showing posts in the wrong order for me. Something posted say 17 minutes ago above something posted two days ago.

The likes are now also working on the app and on tapatalk so that's very cool!

I already posted this somewhere but I can't find it now (probably disappeared because of the database errors) I can't express myself in the way I want to without the old smileys so if we could bring those back that would be great.

Glad we're back in business!

anthamic

Coldplayer
Well at least I don't have to refresh the page every time to check if I have a new notification!

Also, is there a way to set the default font for posting?

Empy

Golden Arrow
Coldplayer
I must say, it's quite a change! I didn't notice the post on the main site so for a minute I actually though I ended up somewhere else. I'm not used to seeing the Coldplaying forums in these light colors. But hey, it certainly looks nice and the mobile usability is amazing. Great work, Stephen!

cheeetaz

Owner of a Phil signed ID
Coldplayer
Am i the only one who lost the profile pic and sig etc. Basically everything. ?

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Am i the only one who lost the profile pic and sig etc. Basically everything. ?
Most ppl lost the picture portion of their sigs, but not the text. I did not lose my avy

Shaftell

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Is there a dark theme for the message boards or just the default white coloured one? :)

Safy

An Outsider
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I have been away for a few days so really hadn't noticed the forum problems & come back! Congrats on the new layout people.

I want to ask if the threads have lost their posts. I remember the lp7 was over 1000 pages, now it is reduced to 800

anthamic

Coldplayer
I want to ask if the threads have lost their posts. I remember the lp7 was over 1000 pages, now it is reduced to 800
Maybe there are more posts on each page, which lessens the page count.

Maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I have been away for a few days so really hadn't noticed the forum problems & come back! Congrats on the new layout people.

i think 'cause the number of posts displayed per page is diff