What could it mean?

TwistedPolitik

Earthling
Coldplayer
MMIX is apparently 2009. So... Yeah. What do you all think the relevance of the title will be, if any?

chuck kottke

Gearwork for Clocks
Coldplayer
MMIX stands for Mature Mix. :cool: or maybe Meow Mix? :p how about Mobile Missile #9? :inquisitive:
Or maybe, just maybe, it stands for a certain type of computer architecture, a 64-bit RISC computer. ..I'm having flashbacks about computer programming, time to escape! :escaping2:

Cheese Nip 2

Milkmen = Interesting
Coldplayer
MMIX is the new 42.

The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything...

myloxyloto:)

It was called "Yellow"...
Coldplayer
Maybe they got the idea to put more instrumental things on their album in 2009?

the yellow of ur life

BromptonCocktail
Coldplayer
Now that listen to it carefully it has a Jon Hopkins sound to it, I heard he might of done something with this album as well, but could just be Eno, idk. Also 2009 in roman is MMIX not M.M.I.X.

Spider-Man

Running In The Dark
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JJbYAsh6rs"]Coldplay: M.M.I.X. - Mylo Xyloto [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
In an interview, I've read/heard (I can't remember) that it really doesn't mean anything. It kinda refers to someone they were working with during the making of the album (some technician, I think...or a producer...:thinking: ) and he had an idea about a...a sound maybe ? :thinking: I really can't remember the details at all :lol: Anyway, the point is that it doesn't mean anything. (and I'm sure of it, it's the only thing I remember :lol: )

Alien Radio

Fran
Coldplayer
^Yes, and they also said that it's "Matt McGinn Is Awesome", but somehow an X got in there instead of an A

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
Oh man, I thought it would mean "Martin's Massive Imposing X", what a downer! :snobby:

:charming:

SamH

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Out of the air but perhaps Mylo Xyloto (the protagonist) has a longer name and they are his full initials..

Mylo M. I. Xyloto