What do you think of the new song 'Paradise'?

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
^ Great post, you've read my mind.
Let me just say, you're responding like everyone else (well, most people) and after a few days it gets a little better. :hug:

And watch out for Paradise, it settles into your brain, it has a weird charm... I've deeply fallen for it.

KM

Mega piranha
Coldplayer
I listened to it 3 times when it came out, and in the end I just felt one. Big."Meh." I've not had the desire to go back to it since.

I never thought I'd be one to say "I miss the old Coldplay," but this song is so completely cookie-cutter. In this 'experimentation' it's like they've lost their identity - a reinvention gone wrong. Tryptophan sums it up pretty well. Not gonna make assumptions about the whole album because of Paradise, but I hope none of the other songs sound like this. :(

PeeJay

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Open your mind for it, I did, gave it a 9.
Listen to the live version of ACL, close your eyes and there it is, harmonic to the fullest

bart

Something truly special
Coldplayer
I voted, and now its too late..

As the tune is been going though my head.. but I think that is becuase I listend to it more than once..

Its not so bad after a few listens... just barable.

Shangri-La

seeking for paradise
Coldplayer
I think it's absolutely brilliant!
Such a dreamy and beautiful song,
makes me want to close my eyes and fly away! :)

Tryptophan

Watch the orange glow
Coldplayer
I gave it a 4. Which means just not good enough. Especially when you expect Coldplay songs to be at least 8.

flickahidalgo

Montezuma
Coldplayer
I actually really loved Paradise! I don't know what it is about it. It's different for them - which is intriguing. And, as cheesy as it sounds, it's a song that makes me want to dance!

Littlewhiteshadows

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Not for me. There's just far too much going on. My love of Coldplay centres around their simplicity. Everything in their songs just seems effortless, even if it wasn't. But Paradise? It seems like hard work, it probably had a lot of hard work put into it, but there's too much to listen to, it overwhelms me, and I'm not sure I like it. I just think it's going to be a bugger for them to play live with the strings, but then I thought that about Viva la Vida so I don't know.

Only two listens, perhaps I'll give it more of a chance in the car over better speakers, but for the first time with a Coldplay song I'm a tiny bit disappointed. Sorry.

I'm sure no-one cares but I take it all back. I was sat at work the other morning humming to myself. Despite having blocked out Paradise from my memory after the second listen, that's what I was humming. I downloaded it from iTunes on my break and have listened to it quite a few times since. Each time I like it more and more. A grower, for definite. Upscaling from 5 to a cautious 7 :)

STARSHINE

Coldplay
Coldplayer
I give a 10 coz I really love it; the refrain "para-para-paradise" got stuck in my ears since the first time I heard it.

"The sun's set to rise" is amazing quote, and the girl they're talking about kindda reminds me of myself :)

evavandijk

A real Dutchie
Coldplayer
I gave it an 8, but when I saw the results, I wanted to give it a 10 as well!

Such a beautiful song. :D

PeeJay

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I am really happy to see that the votes go up! The more you listen to it the better it get's. i voted a nine, wish it had been a 10.

imabityellow

Can we pour some water on
Coldplayer
I would probably give it 8 of 10. I like that the song is about a girl, which is quite unique for being a Coldplay song - so an extra + for that