What is a strawberry swing?

ivet

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Before the album came out I thought Strawberry Swing was gonna be a dance that went with the song. LOL, I thought they would go all Soulja Boy on us!:laugh3:
:laugh3::laugh3:
LMAO, that's funny!

Syn

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So who`s sitting on the strawberry swing?

walkryfe

generic oneiric
Coldplayer
according to derrida, you are all right, and all wrong, all at once. it means what you think it means just as much as whatever it meant to coldplay (originally). i kind of agree with derrida, so i guess i will just speak for me. i think it's about really great sex with someone you love, on a really nice day, that you recall while you are lying left for dead in a the middle of a battlefield, and someone splashes water on your face and there you are, back in hell again to face the next attack, wondering if you will ever make it home... or something like that.

century-letters

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
To whoever said something about Strawberry Fields Forever, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw the title 'Strawberry Swing'.

I Bloom Blaum

Does it play be-bop?
Coldplayer
Could there be a connection between that and Strawberry Fields Forever??
Yep, you've got it exactly right. I recall in an interview Chris gave that he mentioned the song's title was a tribute to The Beatles. ^^

Of course, that doesn't mean Strawberry Swing isn't just a Beatles tribute, it probably means everything else that you guys said as well, IMO.

mattaio26

The Ultimate Answer. [42]
Coldplayer
I feel that this song is talking about the journey to the moment when you achieve perfect harmony and happiness with the one you love; and along this journey there are battles and trials that they have to go through to get there. In the beginning Coldplay sings about how they view people sitting on this strawberry swing and see how they are extremely happy with it, and even through there was fighting all around them, they don't care because they have each other. Then as the end of the song comes 'round they finally reach the point of true happiness, and all that they want is each other.

This could just be me over analyzing again, but I kinda like it

I think Coldplay's lyrics are like poems, so everyone can interpret the meaning of 'Strawberry Swing' differently.
This is one of the reasons that I love Coldplay so much, they affect everyone in a totally unique way

mhs10er

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hahahahah....this is exactly what Coldplay wanted to happen. I recall in the interview on 60 Minutes, they showed the list of rules for the band. One of them was to keep things a mystery. They never really reveal much about a song because if you know what its about....then your interpretaions don't matter and then the song isn't very personal, and then you just get bored with it.

My interpretation is just having a perfect day with someone you are in love with and just having the perfect picnic under a tree with a swing atop a hill. And of course, butterflies would be flying around.

I actually experianced this with one of my ex's. We went to a park and had a picnic. I had my ipod and my speakers and we listened to this song and just got lost in it.

The Final Track

Prognissekongen!
Coldplayer
I experience it as a look back at childhood summers, but that's probably because I can relate to it easily.

Macintosh

Through the glory of life
Coldplayer
Well... Strawberry Swing is the best thing in the world!

Macintosh

Through the glory of life
Coldplayer
I think “Strawberry” because almost all people, except for probably diabetics, love strawberry and besides it personifies love, romantic and all that...;)
Certainly Chris could name a song Pizza’s Swing, and it would please many fans, because the bigger half of people love pizza the same way and its no less romantic what strawberry. But however a strawberry is loved by plenty of people and ... I don’t see output here
:uhoh2:

The Final Track

Prognissekongen!
Coldplayer
I think “Strawberry” because almost all people, except for probably diabetics, love strawberry and besides it personifies love, romantic and all that...;)
Certainly Chris could name a song Pizza’s Swing, and it would please many fans, because the bigger half of people love pizza the same way and its no less romantic what strawberry. But however a strawberry is loved by plenty of people and ... I don’t see output here
:uhoh2:
Ehhhrm :\

Apparsheik Flamboone

Henebibo ♥ Coldplay!
Coldplayer
Reminds me of stopping to appreciate a beautiful day and/or make everyday interesting. In some interview or article with Chris Martin I remember him talking about how he likes to make every day amazing. As a whole, the song perplexes me, but I can't help feeling amazing with the "afro-pop" guitar and upbeat mood.
I also feel the same way. :):)

Stuch123

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Strawberry Swing

I think Strawberry Swing means different things to different people, whenever I hear it, it reminds of a holiday I went on to Greece, because it was so laid back and calm.

They were sitting, they were sitting in the strawberry swing: Chilling together
Every moment was so precious: Laughing, having fun, chatting

Stuch

Mark

dafunkmayfractureyournose
Coldplayer
I expect Strawberry Swing to be a song that started with the title. Rather like Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, Hurts Like Heaven, A Rush of Blood to the Head, 42... Of course, I don't know if any of these songs actually did start with the title (apart from 42), but they're all wonderful phrases that must've come to mind before the rest of the lyrics.

SupermassiveCPnerd

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I can remember being about 12 years old and getting Viva La Vida when it first came out and every time I ever brought up the song, I'd have to catch myself 'cause I'd accidentally call it "Strawberry Fields." It's just so similar...:D

Publius

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Could there be a connection between that and Strawberry Fields Forever??
Both songs are about childhood, both have the word 'strawberry' in the title, and both are exactly 4:10 long. Yes, very good chance this song is a deliberate tribute to John Lennon and his great song.

There may be more connections, in the same key or whatever. Listen to the two songs back to back and you'll sense a connection. Brilliant.