Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What rating will Pitchfork give to Ghost Stories?

MosesTheMarshmallow

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I agree about Ink...but the rest isn't that bad. Midnight is a masterpiece, ASFOS is a clever piece of EDM pop, O is painfully beautiful.

atlas2000

Along for the ride
Staff member
Coldplayer
Haters gonna hate!!! They seem to worried about a stage show than the actual album but it is such a harsh review!! It makes me angry

AussieProdigy

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
That review made me sad and mad at the same time, IMO it is just so wrong in so many ways.

shred

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
"nearly everything about the arrival Ghost Stories has seemed small: the nine-song tracklist, the spartan, deep-blue angel's-wings cover, the disappointing lack of costumes. The absence of grandiosity signaled to eager fans and sneering bystanders alike that, this time around, something might be a little off."

Isn't that the point of GS? To not be big and stadium-friendly as MX?

And I'm sorry but I hated those matching costumes so I'm glad they ditched it.

Stefan8

I do know some things
Coldplayer
The review is overly negative for my taste, but I do think they have valid points and it is consistent with their other reviews. I agree that Coldplay is at their best when they are doing anthems and that the lyrics are even more cringeworthy than usual. That why I hope this is just a little sidestep for them and they'll return to what they are best at with their next album.

Jonny and the cake

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
i don't actually care about anthems, you get tired of them easily, i actually hate anthems so i'm super fine with this album

diegoalex

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hi guys... yesterday I saw Coldplay ghost stories TV special on sky. Today I downloaded it from torrent but in the video that I've downloaded there aren't all songs (midnight, o.... 4 example...) where I can found the complete TV special? Thanks

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI Y300-0100 utilizzando Tapatalk

diegoalex

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sorry for the off-topic but there isn't appropriate thread

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI Y300-0100 utilizzando Tapatalk

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
In my opinion, you can sense that this guy wanted to destroy the album from start. Not a very objective review...

Durk

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
That's harsh. If Radiohead came out with an album full of ambient noise they would give it a 9.
Oh wait they already did.
What ever Pitchfork says I do the opposite.
Snobs.