What was the first Coldplay song did you ever hear?

Cold003

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Speed of Sound.
I watched the music video on MTV once when i was like 15 without knowing them.
Two super-recognizable things about it: 1. the music video itself with those dancing lights + 2. Clocks riff (they're similar after all).

I couldn't forget about the music video & that catchy tone over the years, then i discovered the band in viva era thx to MTV again and become a coldplayer.

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
VLV in my case, but not until 2012. I listened to harder rock music back then and barely knew who CP was. My usual hard rock radio station played VLV and it just gripped me. As soon as I got home I googled, "Who sings 'that was when I ruled the world?" and luckily I got pointed in the right direction. I bought that CD and liked Violet Hill and Cemeteries of London but wasn't sure about the rest of that album. Then one day my kids were watching the cartoon movie "The Wild" and my ears picked up on Clocks. I instantly realized it sounded like a CP song but didn't recognize it. Loved it though!!! That's when I became a mega fan and the rest is history. And yes, I got to liking those other VLV album songs too. ;)

And BTW, my kids are budding Coldplayers now too. I'm raising them right!!

ARushOfDreamsToMyHead

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
On a side note, I used to think that Viva was the one with that cool piano intro, and Clocks was the one with all those instruments. How times change. xD

Carolina*

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I'm the same age as Parachutes but Viva la Vida is the first song I remember hearing:)

Thaarmin

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Viva la vida hehe.... Im twelve right now, so i heard it on the radio when i was little and got hooked... I also listened to Violet Hill on my brother's phone (he's a fan too). yes, i know you have to be 18 to join but i couldn't resist.... Im a huge fan and this site is Paradise!

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
While I said Paradise was my first, I will be forever grateful that my friend's phone played Talk when we were listening to music because that song got me hooked.

OdysseasTS

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Around in 2008/09 but I don't remember which one. It was Viva La Vida or Lovers in Japan or Life in technicolour ii. I can't remember they were all playing in music channels. But it wasn't until mid 2014 that I started listening to coldplay (bought their albums etc)

alisbe

We're diamonds taking shape
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Clocks was the first song but never looked for the band who sang it, I wasn't interested in music. The first song I listened to and which I knew it was by Coldplay was Paradise and the next one ETIAW. Both songs made me fell in love with this band.

Adlerson

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yellow. The irony? I hated it. Only because all my friends loved it, and I had/have this need to be different, so because they loved it I hated it.
(Needless to say, I now LOVE the song.)

Giulius

'Til Kingdom Come
Coldplayer
I can't remember when i heard a CP song for the first time. Probably it was Clocks and/or Speed of Sound back in 2005/6 when i was 13 yo. I started digging CP songs with Christmas Lights in 2010 and then i bought my first CP cd when MX came out. I regret not discover CP in AROBTTH/X&Y era because it's the CP years i love most but i was too young and i didn't have a internet connection in my little city in northern Italy. In that years i was listening to metal groups like Rammstein and Korn!!:cool:

gpttigers

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yellow was good when I first heard it but The Scientist and the video for it really made me take a closer look at everything. I always really liked them over the years but didn't obsess about them till Ghost Stories. I saw the Ghost Stories Live on a 777 Dream Liner in October of 2014 and my life hasn't been the same since. To this day, that live production of that Album on Blu-Ray is one of the coolest things CP has recorded. I am glad the Blu-ray didn't have all the other songs it and it is just that Album. It is a masterpiece.

Gsilva

Start again a little higher........
Coldplayer
Yellow ,i loved yellow and Cocks as a kid because they were the only ones i knew, then i started discovering more songs, and here i am.

But when i was like 5 i hated Coldplay because my brother was allways listening to x&y and i had to be diferent.

Last edited:

Gsilva

Start again a little higher........
Coldplayer
Viva la vida hehe.... Im twelve right now, so i heard it on the radio when i was little and got hooked... I also listened to Violet Hill on my brother's phone (he's a fan too). yes, i know you have to be 18 to join but i couldn't resist.... Im a huge fan and this site is Paradise!
You have to be 18?

BuckinParadise

Believe in Miracles
Coldplayer
"In my place " was playing on radio late night when I couldn't sleep one night in 2002 ..overthinking and depressed...My beloved grandma had just passed away and I was going through a dark time ....double trouble ... Struggling with mental diseases. But this song was like an understanding [emoji173]. Then guy on radio said Its from "A Rush of Blood to the Head "..new album by Coldplay. Rest is history [emoji173] #15yearstruelove

Sent from my SM-G930F using Coldplaying mobile app

Last edited:

Choux0304

Ghost Story Angel
Coldplayer
2011, my family and me were on vacation in the wonderful Bretagne, a province in the north west of France. Someday they played Viva La Vida in the radio. I knew that song and asked my mother how it is called. She looked it up for me, when we were back home in Germany.
Then, I listened to some songs.
Lost!, The Scientist, Twisted Logic, A whisper, clocks, speed of sound, viva la vida, fix you, are the ones I remember. Back then, I had 15 songs in total on my stereo system.
I downloaded them (in a not so legal way. I was 12) and listened to Coldplay every evening while reading, when I got tired I simply started a timer and fell asleep while listening to Coldplay.

Coldplay made me fell in love with music. :)

anacaren08

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Yellow, and I knew it was by Coldplay thanks to my sister. But really became a big fan after hearing Clocks and In My Place. Memories are becoming a little fuzzy about the order of which songs I heard first because I was 10 when Parachutes came out. Whatever the order, I'm so happy I became I fan. I basically grew up and was raised by Coldplay music :)

trucdev88

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I have known Coldplay for 4 years. The first song I heard is Us Against the World on Youtube. This is a live version is very exciting. I have felt the beat when I hear it again and again. I wish I have opportunities to see Coldplay shows directly. I love rock and I love Coldplay. Moreover, I love Guy Rupert Berryman most. He is not only handsome but also very talented