When I Need A Friend - Sunrise

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Now that we have the official track list, we can discuss each track individually!

What do you think the 8th track and last track of Sunrise/Everyday life will sound like ?
:sunrise:

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Sounds kinda piano-balladey sad and mopey. After the explosive ending to Arabesque I'd expect this one to sound quieter.

tom043

tom
Coldplayer
Was said in the BBC interview that this one is very emotional right? I expect this one to be a piano ballad, that talks about needing friends after being displaced. Talking about a person that still gives hope to someone after being displaced/traumatised.

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
As much as I love their ballad's, the band hasn't really put out a good emotional one since O. There was nothing in VLV and Up in Flames was crap. And all their ballads have been too simple and weepy for me. Haha.

So I'm hoping this one is more like Amsterdam or even Fix You.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
As much as I love their ballad's, the band hasn't really put out a good emotional one since O.
Agree. Their ballads pre-Viva were so good but the latter ones have been really disappointing (looking at you, Everglow...)

danirl87

Up&Up
Coldplayer
When I Need A Friend: "Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, makes me cry everytime"

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
Oooh I like this choir piece. Unfortunately I can't understand a word T__T

kcp

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Does anyone know what is said at the end of this song ?

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I definitely prefer the live version with the choir coming in towards the end.

Not a fan of the choir drowning out Chris throughout in the studio version.

Jdckcom

Cold and Vicious
Coldplayer
Here's the story behind the man that speaks at the end of this song. His name was Agustin Lopez Pacheco and was featured in a short documentary film back in 2012 about his dream of building a helicopter at his home in a small town in Honduras. He was a very religious man but at the same time he was sadled with disabilty from an early age as he was born with polio. Unfortunately he passed away some time ago but his story lives on in the way of this short film.

If you don't like the sample with his voice maybe watch the video. I feel like I understand why Chris wanted to include it in the record as a way of saying that maybe everything around us is great and everything is terrible so we get to take in the best things and go on. After all that's everyday life.

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
BY FAR one of my favourites on the album!!!
To me it's breahtakingly beautiful, and also kind of Christmas-y?
The lyrics, the choir, the speech.... I love everything in this song

It's a perfect example of them experimenting with different sounds (church choir, speech) and they just make it work within a Coldplay album....It should not be a Coldplay song and yet it is, and it makes sense.