Where Are You Planning To Go?

W

worldpeace

How secure you think it is going to a big festival or a concert? I remember reading a news from Germany, where people got killed, when the festival was too massive and the crowds were trying to go through a bridge

things like that have happened in football matches as well

so concerts are safer, are they?

ToolMrrow

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Concerts won't be dangerous, the safety measures are very high. Bad things could always happen, but in this case it's very unlikely...

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
How secure you think it is going to a big festival or a concert? I remember reading a news from Germany, where people got killed, when the festival was too massive and the crowds were trying to go through a bridge

things like that have happened in football matches as well

so concerts are safer, are they?
You're talking about the Loveparade some years ago. Yes, but that is the danger with EVERY large crowd regardless whether it is a concert, a show, a New Year's celebration...Chances of this happening at a Coldplay concert are very low, also as opposed to the Loveparade thing the majority of people will not be under the influence of alcohol/drugs...

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
I definitely plan on seeing them in North America hopefully a couple of times :)

Jedi Leo

A guy full of stars
Coldplayer
Cant wait for the North American dates and tickets to be released :D Now that we know Australia will be in the Fall Im thinking definitely USA will be sometimes in August/September

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
Chicago July 23 & 24. Will be my 2nd time seeing them, but my kids' first. New generation fans! Ages 13 & 8. I'm a very proud mom. :) Will be their first concert ever, like Chris says about why they put everything into their shows.

Stephie

My heart is my gun
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Chicago July 23 & 24. Will be my 2nd time seeing them, but my kids' first. New generation fans! Ages 13 & 8. I'm a very proud mom. :) Will be their first concert ever, like Chris says about why they put everything into their shows.
Very cool - creating the fans of tomorrow. I'm sure they will love it! I actually did it the other way around and turned my mom into a fan by taking her to concerts. (My dad still can't be entirely convinced. :D)

I'm planning to go to, erm, six shows during the summer. Just handed in my requests for annual leave at work for these dates and sparked quite a discussion when I said it was for going to six concerts of the same band. How do you explain that to people who aren't fans of anything like that? I mean in my head it makes perfect sense. :D

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
I have a husband who can't be convinced. :cry: I basically drug him to my first Coldplay concert on the MX tour because my friends either (1) don't like CP, or at least not enough to go, (2) were unavailable, or (3) couldn't afford the tickets. He liked CP a little in the past, but I got obsessed with them in the year leading up to that show, and I pretty much turned him against them because he got tired of hearing about them. He sat like a lump at the concert and walked out half way through. :angry: I swore then I'd never go to another CP concert with him. This time one of my friends is confirmed. :dance:

Last edited:

iamsue

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
We sound so similar. I am going in Chicago 7/23. I too first saw them in Mylo days. I also became a super fan the year before but have followed them since 2005 and X & Y. My husband hates them. [emoji47]. So I got a single ticket on the field! Will see my friend's daughters there as I sold them my other tickets.

brobbins

Honneeeeeyyyyyy!!!!
Coldplayer
We sound so similar. I am going in Chicago 7/23. I too first saw them in Mylo days. I also became a super fan the year before but have followed them since 2005 and X & Y. My husband hates them. [emoji47]. So I got a single ticket on the field! Will see my friend's daughters there as I sold them my other tickets.
Ha! That does sound a lot like me, except I barely knew they existed pre MX. I was more of a rock fan and my radio station didn't play them. Except for one fateful day they played Viva and I've never been the same! That hooked me. I had a lot of catching up to do on their old songs, hence the year of the obsession. :cheesy:

Last edited:

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I am going to Boston Gillette Stadium on July 30, if I stay in the US that long...I bought two tickets just in case I have someone to accompany me. I wanted to give it to someone special, but this person doesn't like Coldplay...