Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Where did the hidden track go ?

tom043

tom
Coldplayer
Now, on itunes it said the last song 'O' would be 7 minutes ? it's 5:23 right now... So is the last part of O we here on the itunes stream not the complete ending to ''O'' ?

tom043

tom
Coldplayer
The itunes stream is around 39 minutes i thought .. so there's about 3 minutes missing...

Skypala

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
They edited put 2.5 minutes of silence that is in the iTunes version

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
For anyone wanting to hear the part of the album that was cut off, listen to the First Play on iTunes Radio and you'll hear it in whole.

Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //
Coldplayer
Oceans is a bit longer, and there's a two minute gap between the end of O and the hidden track.
Nice to hear Oceans is even longer. The change in key in the hidden track does seem a bit abrupt on the video. The silence does make me think there should have been another interlude after Midnight or something

bdevil89

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
That two minute gap between O and the ending instrumental is atrocious, (i listened to the tracks through itunes radio (big mistake, with the ads, and stops for the announcer telling you're listening to coldplay - so annoying, so glad they released an animation video with none of the ads, and the stupid 2 minute gap - why do that?

IT breaks the continuity of the ending of the album - I know they tried to make it 42 minutes long, but really... to sacrifice the flow of the album? I'll have to cut that down when i get the tracks individually - whoever of the 4 or if Phil ok'd that, messed up big time. Rant over... for now.

Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //
Coldplayer
That two minute gap between O and the ending instrumental is atrocious, (i listened to the tracks through itunes radio (big mistake, with the ads, and stops for the announcer telling you're listening to coldplay - so annoying, so glad they released an animation video with none of the ads, and the stupid 2 minute gap - why do that?

IT breaks the continuity of the ending of the album - I know they tried to make it 42 minutes long, but really... to sacrifice the flow of the album? I'll have to cut that down when i get the tracks individually - whoever of the 4 or if Phil ok'd that, messed up big time. Rant over... for now.
That's how hidden tracks work. It's daft, but not a new thing. On their 2nd EP The 1975 had a ~15 minute gap!

K

kmm1482

You're listening to the entire album for free a week before its release. Why are you complaining?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LazyDancerKar

A Potato
Coldplayer

That's how hidden tracks work? On Parachutes there's a gap before "Life is for Living" comes on for example (tho shorter) and I believe on the Yeah Yeah Yeahs album Fever To Tell album there's a pretty long gap too. That's how it is "hidden"?

RedBalloon

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I really love how Life is for Living was "hidden" and there is such a uplifting effect/closure after going through the whole album. The very moment you met the song, like a line imprinted in your soul, as it is so connected, heartfelt, beautiful and resonating...and such feelings never grow old or obscure, as clear/real as the very first day; as if there is a time/space never changed...
Is there a title for this hidden track?

The Lonely Martian

Wait for your call, love
Coldplayer
Is there a title for this hidden track?
This is where most of the confusion is. The track "O" is actually two songs. The first one is called "Fly On" and the second "hidden" track is called "O". The tracks, however, aren't technically hidden. The track simply contains two songs.

RedBalloon

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
^ I see, I should have known it then~