Who else is pissed that this didn't make it on the MX track listing?

VivaWV

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Not Pissed not surprised

The pre album release uploads for sale like Every Tear Drop Makes A Waterfall, Moving to Mars and now Paradise were part of a test market for the album. Since Paradise has had over 6 M views in three weeks, 3 times as many as Moving to Mars that was released in June Moving loses on the playlist selectio as a bankable album selling song .....

VivaWV

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Everyone wants to make the album release an emotional carnival of sorts, when in reality, some of ths slickest marketing of all time is being run past people by You Tube, iTunes, and Amazon.com on behalf of Mylo Xyloto.....there are few surprises these days.

VivaWV

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Strategic Efforts in marketing Mylo Xyloto prior to release

Everyone wants to make the album release an emotional carnival of sorts, when in reality, some of ths slickest marketing of all time is being run past people by You Tube, iTunes, and Amazon.com on behalf of Mylo Xyloto.....there are few surprises these days. Coldplays management team and Parlophone manage strategy markting very well in album sales which demonstrate it works, Arcade Fire adopted similar pre-release modes prior to The Suburbs and one Grammy later there will be more to come:

erythrai

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
quite a pity, MTM is for me one of the best after-Viva la vida songs.

footyfan10

The Scientist
Coldplayer
I don't understand why anyone would be pissed this didn't make the album. I'm in love with song, probably more than any released. But its been released. Why would we want it in the album?

greeneyes42

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Haha, I'd say I'm more intensely disappointed that it's not on there. It's by far my favourite song I've heard from their new material and it's even up there as one of my all-time favourites. I'm not sure why it's not on there...

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
I don't understand why anyone would be pissed this didn't make the album. I'm in love with song, probably more than any released. But its been released. Why would we want it in the album?
It's annoying to me because I always listen to MX as a whole...and now I haven't an excuse to listen to it. :( Yes, at this point it'd be silly to have the entire EP be on the LP, but it's still such an amazing song that's definitely better than some of the tracks that DID make the cut; namely, UFO, POC, UIF.... (this is of course my opinion).

footyfan10

The Scientist
Coldplayer
With the album now fully dropped, I definitely can't understand having Moving to Mars on it. If there had been a single other song we had already heard on the album, I'd blow. I love the last half of the album because its all new.

I'm hopeful we get some more music and I almost wish Moving to Mars could have been saved for a five track EP or something. Not that there's any reason to believe that's up the pipeline, but I like songs grouped. And right now it has no grouping!

I would say that it still ranks as one of the best songs of this Era though. It's brilliant and I hope they play it live.

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
here's a little blog from Luke of The kooks, love that band

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/luke-pritchard/kooks-new-song_b_1134004.html

I'm really not a fan of the new Coldplay stuff, but this is genius. One of his best songs ever, in my opinion. How could they leave this off the album?! It's like Louis Amstrong meets Pink Floyd! I met Chris Martin for the first time in Paris while we were doing Tarratata about two months ago and I mentioned this song. He looked genuinely disappointed that they'd left it off. Bound to be a bootleg classic though:
Moving To Mars -

Violet

Is It Really So Strange?
Coldplayer
^ I'm so glad the head of the Kooks agrees with me. It makes me feel validated.

loveintechnicolor

up with the birds
Coldplayer
Interesting that Mr Pritchard confesses to not being a fan of the MX work as a whole but he really likes MTM. I agree with him on the second part - it reminded me a bit of Pink Floyd the first time I heard it and I haven't really listened to them properly :laugh3: I think it's definitely one of the best songs from the era that they've released - it still sounds like Coldplay and has little remnants of Parachutes and X&Y but at the same time it sounds different to anything they've done. Evolved somehow. Plus it's such an atmospheric track.

I do wonder what clinched their decision to not include it on the album. I guess like others have already said it's most likely because it didn't 'fit' on the album in terms of the track arrangement and the strict running time. To me it's just as good as Paradise if not better but I think maybe it didn't have as much commercial potential as a single. And it definitely is of better quality and worth than UIF and UFO (in my opinion) - which are both also quieter and more classical Coldplay acoustic tracks. I think it deserves to be on a proper EP rather than just a b-side - I just think it's a bit sad that the boys haven't showcased it within the album because it should have had a proper platform - it's too good not to and I guess Luke describing Chris looking disappointed shows he knows it.

Spider-Man

Running In The Dark
Coldplayer
It's like a tradition for good CP songs to not make the cut. Not saying the album one's arent good.

Violet

Is It Really So Strange?
Coldplayer
^ But that's stupid. Why wouldn't you want the really good songs on your album? Seriously.

ivet

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Personally, after hearing the album MtM is too grand to go on that album. I mean the album is great but it doesn't fit well and it's much better and much too good to go in to that .

Hurts Like Heaven

So cold, so cold
Coldplayer
I am upset, not pissed, because I like Moving to Mars, but since the other two songs on the ETIAW EP were on the album, it seemed it was destined to forever be a B-side.
I think Coldplay's mistake here was including all three on the EP, as all three are amazing songs, and should all be on the album. The ETIAW EP should have just been ETIAW and MtM, and then had a B-side, say, maybe Tomorrow. Then they should have released Major Minus as the second single instead of Paradise, which would be released with the album.

Bam!

Everybody's happy.