Why doesn't coldplay just hire extra musicians for their live concert instead of using a back track

H

howyousawtheworld

All the big bands in the world use backibng track. U2 - possibly the greatest live act ever, use backing track for most of their songs when playing live.

Reilly - please, if you're going to insult Coldplay - please do so on the foundations that you know something about the band or music in general. Cheers. ;)

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
The Grammys, when they did Politik, with loads of Orchastra, why not Viva. I personally dont care if it sounds rubbish, which it wont, Id be proud of my boys for trying to make it as live as possible:smug:

I think Muse had a lot of music in thier songs so they hired an extra guy who plays the instrument, Coldplay should take aleaf out of thier book.
This - Morgan Nichols handles most of the extra stuff, and he does a great job of it - now Muse sounds a lot fuller. Before it had to be backing tracks on songs like Butterflies and Hurricanes and Bliss (it's really obvious in Bliss) but having him there makes things a lot more genuine in my opinion.

In terms of Coldplay..I wouldn't mind either way - it doesn't cheapen it at all I think.

marksteyn

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This is really great post, I like it very much, I was surfing for the thread like this. This is the best part of my search.

paultrincamusic

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i struggle with this subject and this decision each time i perform as a solo artist. ...i think i tend to agree with you that ideally it is better if the music being heard is being all played live...however, just as a crutch to make the performance better atop the actual band i don't really have a problem with it