why hymn for the weekend doesn't perform well inchart like other second single?

gai

What are Coldplay actually doing? Up&Up is definetely not going to get popular. They should pay attention to HFTW.

Although, that is pretty cool for such an epic closer like Up&Up to be released as a single...
unlike what most of us believe, their promo decisions are as if they are radiohead or something. (now, don't take that literally, hahaa) i don't think they care about how well their singles do as much as we think they do.

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
That would be perfect, if it means we get a music video for Up&Up :) Could be a different single for certain radio stations though. I think a similar thing happened before, with The Hardest Part and White Shadows.

ColdMartin

Up&Up
Coldplayer
wow Up&Up already ? i hope the music video will be Similar to We Are The World of MJ .. footage of the guys Beyonce Noel and 50 kids recording it :D

Rickulus

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yeah it will be nice to see them all playing it in the studio .. i bet recording that song was one of the best experiences
Except the only problem is, they will have to have already filmed it while they were recording tge song, right? I feel like all those people wouldn't be bothered to film a music video.

ihaveabono

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
In the thread labeled
"why hymn for the weekend doesn't perform well inchart like other second single?"

Why would you think I'm talking about AOAL?
No one is paying attention to Coldplay the hip and happening pop music band anymore, they can't ride relevance to every corner of the world like they could all VLV Era. Alternative stations aren't playing it, Pop stations aren't playing it, quite frankly it's not their best work.

Your talking about recent Coldplay songs in general. Your post speaks for itself.

jer123

Coldplayer
Lmao sometimes i rather Coldplay stopped making music after VLVADAAHF,and get less attention for their singles so that people wont make them look like a horrible lame band with the few hits,and continue making music like their earlier albums...

prospekt46

"Nu-Sensitive music, that's bollocks though"
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
No one is paying attention to Coldplay the hip and happening pop music band anymore, they can't ride relevance to every corner of the world like they could all VLV Era. Alternative stations aren't playing it, Pop stations aren't playing it, quite frankly it's not their best work.

Your talking about recent Coldplay songs in general. Your post speaks for itself.
You're assuming "it" means anything but HFTW.

ihaveabono

Coldplayer
You're assuming "it" means anything but HFTW.

i dont think so

prospekt46

"Nu-Sensitive music, that's bollocks though"
Coldplayer
Charity Donator

i dont think so
If you want to prove me wrong go ahead. The burden of proof is on you.

Rickulus

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey everyone! Interested in Coldplay artwork and want to help your favourite album cover win? Then Artwork Elimination gamenis the place for you!

Tiskas00

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
update:hymn goes17on uk chart
but not quite good number compared to yellow(4),the scientist(10),fix you(4),viva(1),paradise(1),asfos(9)

ihaveabono

Coldplayer
update:hymn goes17on uk chart
but not quite good number compared to yellow(4),the scientist(10),fix you(4),viva(1),paradise(1),asfos(9)
I think those the rankings of those other coldplay songs u mentioned are their peaks. I'm sure Hymn for the Weekend is yet to peak since it has just been released.