why is LOST! so popular

Collee

Yes
Coldplayer
ok, just my own experience. I had a leaked copy of Lost? ( aka the acoustic version ) , played it alot before I got my hands on the rest of the album, and liked it alot.

You know how some songs grow on you and you get comfortable with them? Well that's how it was with Lost? I haven't gotten sick of it and like it as well as say Lovers or Cemetaries.

I think the pop appeal of the album version, Lost!, explains why it's getting so much play.

*CoLdPlaY.4.EveR*

:: Viva Coldplay ::
Coldplayer
Lost is one of my fav songs of the disc, but I prefer the acoustic version!

By the way, my favourite one is Viva La Vida!

Hans!

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
although not the best song on the album its not that bad i find it quite uplifting!!

Loki0012

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Lost! is a great song one of their best and viva is too and violet hill and I love 42 too maybe all the songs in this album!

IgnitedBones

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yea zsub is right. it appeals to non REAL coldplay fans who just listen to mainstream music. it has a catchy beat and its not too complicated. idk how to explain it but it doesnt surpise me at ALL that its popular. although it is also one of my least favorites on the new album.
That's how I explain its popularity. Although I have to disagree on that last bit; it's actually one of my favorites on the album. Along with its appeal to those who listen to mainstream music it also appeals to Coldplay's more devoted fans, which explains why they tend to play it live more. I wouldn't be surprised (or disappointed) if it became their next single.

Scribble127

hoppípolla
Coldplayer
I think lyrically, Lost! is pants... bordering on cringeworthy. I love the instrumentation though, and Jonny's solo. It is one of the weaker tracks on the album and I often find myself skipping it.

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
definetily mi least favorite song on the album. that beating annoys me

RICK8

A Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Heh..this is now my fav coldplay song of all time.

LiivinLaVida

Viva la Absence.
Coldplayer
its a catchy song plus the lyrics are nice, ive caught myself singing the chorus over and over again throughout the day -_-

RedGirl76

Hello.
Coldplayer
I love the lyrics - simple but really uplifting. It's definately one of my faves on the album

Fixed

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
It's so popular because of the great harmony in the "every river that I tried to cross" part. Will sounds great when he sings that bit live.

crazyduckette

...they're just spies
Coldplayer
I usually skip it. Not a favourite at all :( I find it cheesy.

Prefer the other version of it.

CPRani

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I think the lyrics are great, cant wait to see this song live!

Jiminy Cricket

Blue Angels
Coldplayer
Kind of gone off this song now.

"And I'm just waiting 'til the shine wears off". Bitterly ironic, no?

alexman331

Open Up Your Eyes...
Coldplayer
This so is popular because it is the most commercial song on the entire album... BUT... Coldplay also proves (with Viva La Vida (song) ) that you don't have to be commericial to make it big

ManiG

Coldplayer
I can understand the perspectives of both the 'lovers' and 'haters'
but as i personally love the song i gotta support the lovers

The track is just so inspiring and uplifting, it gets you excited you know! It makes a perfectly horrible day, feel a little less horrible

It reminds me that, i can get through even the worst of times

Plus the beat is just sooo WOW... i try and dance like Chris Martin when i listen 2 it ! ahahah:stunned: