Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

Will vocals appreciation thread with all of his major vocal perfomances

Discussion in 'Coldplay' started by Magic_2000, Nov 16, 2018.

Share This Page

Tags:
  1. Magic_2000

By:Magic_2000Dec 22, 2018
    Gravity
    Coldplayer

That Everything's Not Lost is everything. Hearing people singing along with Will and the great climatic part at the end with the instrumentation is just perfect.

It's simple but effective like it should be!

Those were found by I Ran Away I believe. I remember asking her if she had Will's vocals but unfortunely she didn't have them :(

Gideon_Mx likes this.
  2. Magic_2000

By:Magic_2000Jan 4, 2019
    Gravity
    Coldplayer

Okay so I was missing this thread and reminded of two other great instances of Will's vocals.

The Hardest Part (live LRLRL version): I absolutely adore all versions of this song (it's one of my favourtie Coldplay tracks). Unfortunely, Jonny and Guy don't seem to think the same so when it came to the Viva La Vida tour Chris did a beautiful piano rendition of it with PFFA and thankfully, we can hear Will's vocals a lot clearer than in the studio version.

Birds: I honestly don't know how I forgot to put this one on the original post because Will is doing a lot of vocal work trough out the whole song. You have the "oh-oh" on the first half, some verses in the chorus and, to end things of on a great note (see what I did there? ;)) Will keeps up amazingly well with Chris's final long notes. :eek:

Nikolette and Gideon_Mx like this.
  3. Gideon_Mx

By:Gideon_MxJan 5, 2019
    Life In Technicolor
    Coldplayer

Absolutely, those are amazing!
    Of all his backing vocals on A Head Full Of Dreams I think this is one of his most powerful things he has done on the album. They fit so well, indeed :grinning:

Magic_2000 likes this.
  4. Magic_2000

By:Magic_2000Jan 12, 2019
    Gravity
    Coldplayer

I agree! Again, I love the emotion he puts when he sings, it never fails to make me smile. :)

Here's another gem I found: lead vocals on Till Kingdom Come! Now the gem metaphor isn't for nothing because I had to do quite the digging since this perfomance is very hard to find anywhere! For how obscure it is, it's suprising that it got a mention on Will's Wikipedia page (which is what made me search this in the first place). Even though in the recording you can't see the band peform, the audio is very clear! Also as a bonus, in the same video the band covers Michael Jackson's Billie Jean! :D

Gideon_Mx and coldplayer4288 like this.
  5. merril

By:merrilJan 12, 2019
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

I would very much like all the four of them sing together a capella (or with just one or two guitars) as they did on their trip to Barcelona with Brian Eno. Their voices go very well together, especially those of Chris and Will, but also Guy and Jonny can sing well. I am sure among their many unreleased songs there are some which they could sing.

6. Magic_2000

By:Magic_2000Jan 13, 2019
    Gravity
    Coldplayer

I guess the closest he got to that is The Goldrush, but another try with something more though out would be amazing! I would also love if one we could, at least, have a full-blown Chris and Will duet and release it as a single so people would be more aware of Will's singing abilites! Maybe something in vein of UATW.

7. merril

By:merrilJan 14, 2019 at 7:18 PM
    Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Thanks very much. That sounds great. I don't remember having heard that before.

Magic_2000 likes this.
  8. Magic_2000

By:Magic_2000Jan 14, 2019 at 7:21 PM
    Gravity
    Coldplayer

Oh, that's awsome! You're very welcome, I'm happy you enjoyed it. :D