Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

Will vocals appreciation thread with all of his major vocal perfomances

Discussion in 'Coldplay' started by Magic_2000, Nov 16, 2018.

Share This Page

Tags:
  1. Magic_2000

By:Magic_2000Feb 26, 2019
    Gravity
    Coldplayer

I'm sure that Will is singing that part of Paradise in the studio version but I've just heard it again and honestly because Chris also sings it and his volume is louder makes it very hard to hear him in that bit, whence why I though that part was interesting. But that's the beauty of the stripped down version of their songs, you can hear small details better or ones you never even noticed!

I just remebered something that might be worth to investigate: since they released AHFOD in surround 5.1 maybe Will's vocals are easier to hear that way. Has anyone here heard that version of the album tell me if that's the case?

2. Magic_2000

By:Magic_2000Feb 27, 2019
    Gravity
    Coldplayer

Okay guys I know I just posted yesterday but I think this is to good to not post here. So I found this performance of Amazing Day at the Belasco Theatre. Here Will chant along with Chris' is very audible and they are both really into it! And if that wasn't enough at 3:50 you can see Will snap and hit the drums like no other!

3. Gideon_Mx

By:Gideon_MxFeb 28, 2019
    Life In Technicolor
    Coldplayer

Yes, I love this performance and his drum beats in Amazing Day.
    I like the way the beat gets stronger and how he does more drum fills near the end of the song!

Magic_2000 likes this.
  4. Magic_2000

By:Magic_2000Feb 28, 2019
    Gravity
    Coldplayer

Agreed! At first it's very calm and even a bit reminiscent of his drumming style during Parachutes but then you get that great build up were he pays off big time.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Gideon_Mx likes this.
  5. Magic_2000

By:Magic_2000Mar 5, 2019
    Gravity
    Coldplayer

I have come here again with some more note worthy vocal perfomances from Will!

The first one that I would like to talk about Major Minus. On this song during the "distorted" vocals you can clearly hear Will singing alongside Chris, which makes for a pretty cool effect. Now I think one of the reasons it took me so long to realise that Will is singing is that for some reason he never does his part during live perfomances.

The other one is Speed Of Sound. On the 2006 Toronto live recording Will's vocals during the chorus are very audible, even more than Chris at times!

I ran away and Gideon_Mx like this.
  6. Gideon_Mx

By:Gideon_MxMar 5, 2019
    Life In Technicolor
    Coldplayer

Those are wonderful.
    The 2nd I like most (Speed Of Sound). Probably one of my favourites of Will's backing vocals!

7. I ran away

By:I ran awayMar 15, 2019
    A Rush of Blood to X&Y
    Charity Donator Coldplayer

Great Thread !

I don't have internet fast enough for videos right now but i wanted to mention Will's backing vocals on the live version of Lost!
    I remember hearing one where Chris didn't sing properly so they were very audible. He has a very cool, melodically slightly different line on "doesn't mean you've wooon....a bigger ooone" that goes up instead of down on the last word. I hope i can find it someday. It was NOT [email protected] in Chicago, that I know.