Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Worst Coldplay Songs Ever!

ov3la

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
@ov3la:I've never actually seen the music video of "life in technicolour ii" and from what you're saying,maybe I never will...

However the ending of that song still rings in my ears:

"Gravity release me and don't ever hold me down

Now my feet won't touch the ground"
It's a funny video, you should watch it. [emoji2][emoji106]

Sheikwonder

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
@jc90:I thought twisted logic was awesome the 1st time I heard it.As a matter of fact I always imagine i'm in an Orwellian world only this time,big brother is replaced by A.I and super robots or super computers who pry on everything you do.I think twisted logic and major minus are somewhat related in meaning,though I stand corrected...

The Adversary

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
@jc90:I thought twisted logic was awesome the 1st time I heard it.As a matter of fact I always imagine i'm in an Orwellian world only this time,big brother is replaced by A.I and super robots or super computers who pry on everything you do.I think twisted logic and major minus are somewhat related in meaning,though I stand corrected...
It means whatever you want it to :) Spies was always my orwellian Coldplay track :)

Sheikwonder

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Talking about least liked songs,I once disliked "Moving To Mars".I think the intro where Chris comes in with a deep tone and low pitch made me dislike it,so I always skipped it on my playlist.

One day however,I was listening to my playlist while my hands were busy typing.I was too busy to skip the song so I just let it play on.Turned out that the song wasn't as hopeless as I imagined.I still listen to it to this day...

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Spies, Politik, Twisted Logic, Violet Hill, Major Minus, All your friends are, for me, among Coldplay's most society-themed songs.

ov3la

Coldplayer
Talking about least liked songs,I once disliked "Moving To Mars".I think the intro where Chris comes in with a deep tone and low pitch made me dislike it,so I always skipped it on my playlist.

One day however,I was listening to my playlist while my hands were busy typing.I was too busy to skip the song so I just let it play on.Turned out that the song wasn't as hopeless as I imagined.I still listen to it to this day...
I love chris's low voice! It sounds awesome! He went lower on 42, which is nuts.

Sheikwonder

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So if you don't dislike any Coldplay song presently,was there ever a time you disliked a Coldplay track that you eventually came to like?

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
@i ran away: violet hill? really??
Read the post again, I didn't say I dislike Violet Hill or any of the named songs. I just said they are a succession of society-critical songs imho ! :)

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
wow, that combination of letters is not allowed as an answer to this question! :shocked2:

I'm kidding, it's your opinion of course but daaamn it's an unpopular one!

EDIT: nevermind, I should really learn how to read sorry :p

Sheikwonder

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
@ov3la: I absolutely love 42! The song shares similar attributes with Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" in the sense that it has no chorus... The song combines 3 different parts and then does a full circle by returning to the 1st verse in the end...

"Those who are dead are not dead,they're just living in my head oo..ooh"

ov3la

Coldplayer
So if you don't dislike any Coldplay song presently,was there ever a time you disliked a Coldplay track that you eventually came to like?
Up in flames. It was the first time they used a drum pad for a song and it was unusual at first, now it's one of my favorites songs on MX.

The Adversary

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Really hated ASFOS when it was first released. Must say it has grown on me now! Bit of a guilty pleasure so to speak.

WeddingDom

Such a heavenly view
Coldplayer
My least favorite Coldplay songs:

5. Moses: I'm not into it, and I dislike the chorus.

4. Murder: Please murder me.

3. Don't Let It Break Your Heart: It tries too much and accomplishes so little.

2. U.F.O.: Plain boring, I'd rather get abducted by a real ufo.

1. Paradise: I can't stand it, I CANT I HATE THE PARA PARA PARADISE I HATE THE WHOOOH'S sorry it's just not for me.

Dishonorable mentions: High Speed, Yes, O, All Your Friends, X&Y, Amsterdam, Ode to Deodorant.

Sheikwonder

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
@I ran away:I never knew Violet Hill was society-themed,when i heard "if you love me won't you let me know",i just assumed it was a love song,tnx for enlightening me.

Clocks is kind of tiring for me.Never clicked with it at 1st,then I later liked it,now it's just meh...

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
All right, I learned that mentioning songs I like in a thread about songs you dislike can generate confusion^^

ov3la - thanks for reminding me. UP IN FLAMES - I really hate that "song" and always skip it !

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
@I ran away:I never knew Violet Hill was society-themed,when i heard "if you love me won't you let me know",i just assumed it was a love song,tnx for enlightening me.

Clocks is kind of tiring for me.Never clicked with it at 1st,then I later liked it,now it's just meh...
You should read the lyrics of Violet Hill, theyre really interesting and it is a kind of anti-war song (also touches on religion and war "priests clutched on to bibles, hollowed out to fit their rifles") etc.

Sheikwonder

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
@WeddingDom: i feel like entering your mind and performing "inception" on you... All the songs on ur dishonorable mentions list are absolutely great[except 4 odd to deodorant which i wouldn't know of cos ive not heard it]...