X Marks The Spot [HIDDEN TRACK]

Nikola

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
What disappoints me is that people judge it for WHAT it is not HOW it is.

Hip-hop = automatically abysmal>not worth listening>worst song of cold play ever>must kill self.

It's decent. Well produced. He didn't make a fool out of himself.

I say you go gurl :wacky:

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
What disappoints me is that people judge it for WHAT it is not HOW it is.

Hip-hop = automatically abysmal>not worth listening>worst song of cold play ever>must kill self.

It's decent. Well produced. He didn't make a fool out of himself.

I say you go gurl :wacky:
But it's bad for a song itself. I don't even care anymore from what band or artist it would come from, it's just bad :I

BUT

everyone has a different opinion so I respect yours :nod:

Haruka

righteously wicked
Coldplayer
anyone here also thinks XMTS is very Bastille-y? just listen to this bit of Axe To Grind:

[video]https://youtu.be/kVoaGnlHptM?t=43s[/video]

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
When I heard him sing that I was like:

Yeah, that's gotta be a new low point in Coldplay lyrics.

@Nikola: no, but XMTS really is not a good song. For example, I'll readily admit HFTW is a quite good RnB song. But XMTS is not good in whatever genre.

Jack Bauer

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It's honestly not that bad... If you object to it being hip hop then look at it as trip hop instead and maybe you'll respect it more

Vinze

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I like this song alot, its one of the best song on the album! But.. My main genre that i listen is Hiphop (Ofcourse Coldplay before anything else) Thats why i like it i think its good that they try new things.

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I mean, I enjoy this song.... It is clearly inspired by Kendrick Lamar's Swimming Pools (similar atmosphere and beat). Chris isn't a good rapper, though. If they decide to produce songs for hip-hop artists then I am totally on board. I love hip-hop production. But frankly the vocals aren't great here.

Nonetheless this is great hip-hop production and I feel like this song will be put on after concerts when everyone is leaving :) haha It is damn catchy..

And I know is this will sound crazy...but I like this track more than Fun....

Shaftell

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I always said to Coldplay fans who don't like their new style of music that, in comparison to old Coldplay, yes it's not as good. But if you compare their music to music that is out there right now, they're still superior. However, this song isn't just bad in comparison to old Coldplay. It's bad compared to music that's out there now. Very disappointing that it came from my favourite band.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
Do we have lyrics yet?

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I think we're all too afraid to listen to it more than once to try to figure out the lyrics :p
I just listened to it again, but once that phrase "my heart goes ba-boom ba-boom boom" comes up, I always get a laughing fit.

damianopatane

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Chris said this was his favourite song on the album right? Oh dear lord... I fear the future of Coldplay if that's the case :I. I like the diversity but this is just barely above shit :p. They have really been exploring new genres ever since MX, but will they ever get back to AROBTTH, X&Y etc.... I so hope they won't play this song in June in Amsterdam :/, can you imagine a song like this right after something as sincere and beautifull as Fix You. cldpl pls.

damianopatane

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Welcome to Coldplaying !
Tnx man, as you can see i've been around for some time, i'm just not quite the active commenter... been a fan as long as i can remember them releasing albums. But with this song i had to make sure everyone knew x marks the shit.

Lobabe

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
What's so bad is, not just how it's very unlike Coldplay, but it's just cliche already. Any band could've done this and I would've been like...be original, turds!