Zona hispana

funkenstein

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hola. I am learning Spanish at University and I am looking for someone who I can e-mail (and maybe even skype) in spanish to practise the language. In return I am quite happy to help with english.

!Me gusta español mucho! Es una lengua hermosa.

Gui-Home42

ARushOfBlood2TheHead
Coldplayer
Hola. I am learning Spanish at University and I am looking for someone who I can e-mail (and maybe even skype) in spanish to practise the language. In return I am quite happy to help with english.

!Me gusta español mucho! Es una lengua hermosa.
hola :) vamos ;) if you want I can help you I live in Barcelona if you want to talk and help you learning español! Sería un placer ayudarte ;)

¡Hasta pronto!

MaxRide

agender mad scientist (they/them)
Coldplayer
Hola. :nice: I'm taking Spanish I right now, and it's extremely fun. I can't exactly converse with any of you, but I love the language. :nice:

I feel bad by intruding into this thread, but I would appreciate it if a native speaker could correct any grammar mistakes I have with my project for Spanish class. It's a fashion show, just so you know. :p
(anyway, here goes):

Hola, todos, y bienvenido a nuestro el desfile de modas. Soy Anna. Aqui esta Maria, quien modela nuestra coleccion de dia lectivo hoy. Ella lleva la camisa blanca. Es de marca Kohl's. Cuesta treinta dolares. Ella tambien lleva la falda azul marina. Esta muy de moda, y es perfecto para el tiempo de otono. Cuesta cincuenta dolores, y esta tambien disponsible de morada, verde, y roja. Adicionalmente, ella lleva la corbata negra. Es de marca Boscov's. ¡Que llamativo!

Maria tambien lleva las medias apretadas. Son de marca Zappos. Cuestan veinte dolares. ¿Son agradables, no?

Para terminar nuestra coleccion de dia lectivo, Maria modela Mary Janes [?] brillante. Estan de moda. Son de marca Payless. Son una ganga - cuestan veinte y cinco dolares. Estan disponsibles en Land's End, Macy's, Sears, Boscovs, y Nordstrom.

Ahora aqui esta Carmen, que modela la noche de viernes coleccion.

Thanks in advance! :nice:

A

AlbaCT42!

^Sure! but could you put or send me the original text in english to compare some things?

MaxRide

Coldplayer
I'll certainly do that! :nice:

(thanks for offering to help, by the way)

Here's the original English text:

-
Hello, everyone, and welcome to our fashion show. I'm Anna. This is Maria, who is modeling our school day collection today. She is wearing a white shirt. It's by Kohl's [an American brand]. It costs $30. She's also wearing a navy blue skirt. It's very fashionable, and is perfect for autumn weather. It costs $50, and is also available in purple, green, and red. Additionally, she's wearing a black tie. It's by Boscov's [another brand]. Isn't it snazzy?

Maria is also wearing tight socks. They're by Zappos [another brand]. They cost $20. Aren't they nice?

To finish off our school day collection, Maria is modeling shiny Mary Janes. They're in vogue [AKA stylish]. They're by Payless [yet another brand]. They're a bargain - they only cost $25. They're available at Land's End, Macy's, Sears, Boscovs, and Nordstrom [all clothing/shoe stores].

Now here's Carmen, who is modeling the Friday night collection.
-

Thanks again! :nice:

A

AlbaCT42!

Well... :nice:

The mistakes are in bold (most are accents), underline (wrong form) and explained
Hola a todos, y bienvenidos a nuestro desfile de moda. Soy Anna. Aquí está Maria (If you want to put the names also in spanish then it’s Anna = Ana and Maria = María), quien modela nuestra colección de día lectivo hoy. Ella lleva una (because a = un(male)/una(female) and the = el(male)/la(female), with “la” is well too but if you want to say “a shirt” then is “una camisa” because shirt is female) camisa blanca. Es de marca Kohl's. Cuesta treinta dólares. Ella también lleva una (the same that with the shirt) falda azul marina. Está muy de moda, y es perfecto para el tiempo de otoño. Cuesta cincuenta dolores, y está también disponible en (in = en) morada, verde, y roja. Adicionalmente, ella lleva una (the same again a = un/una) corbata negra. Es de "marca" (you can omit this word when you want) Boscov's. ¡Qué llamativo!

María también lleva las medias ajustadas. Son de marca Zappos. Cuestan veinte dólares. ¿Son agradables, no? (that’s well but more exact with the translation is “¿No son agradables?”)

Para terminar nuestra colección de día lectivo, María modela radiante (that sounds better than brillante)Mary Janes. Están de moda. Son de marca Payless. Son una ganga – solo (only = solo) cuestan veinticinco (veinte y cinco = 20 and 5, veinticinco = 25) dólares. Están disponible en Land's End, Macy's, Sears, Boscovs, y Nordstrom.

Ahora aquí está Carmen, que modela la colección noche de Viernes.
Your Spanish is really good but… be careful with the accents, for example, is not the same "esta" than "está", because, "esta = this" and "está = is", and also be careful with the word available, you wrote it bad, * disponsibles (wrong form), disponibles (right form)
Now I hope that I haven't something wrong and luck for you ;)

Any questions, tell me :)

MaxRide

Coldplayer
Actually, when I was typing it out, I was just too lazy to insert accent marks. :p I knew that they were supposed to be there, though.

The majority of the mistakes that I see that I made are actually the fault of my Spanish teacher (who isn't actually a native speaker); I guess he made a few typos when he was typing up the guidelines (which also included some of my vocabulary, such as disponsibles disponibles - I don't actually know very much vocabulary).

Some of the mistakes are mine, though. :p

Thank you so much for the help! :nice:

A

AlbaCT42!

I supposed the accents :awesome: :p but just in case I put them
And you are very welcome :)

Cuponcito

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
COLDPLAY SPAIN

Hola a todo el mundo!

Desde www.coldplayspain.com estamos preparando nuestra I Fiesta y queremos que todo el mundo se anime!.

Pincharemos música y proyecciones, y tendremos un plato fuerte: contaremos con la actuación del grupo tributo Clocks!

La fiesta tendrá lugar en Barcelona, en la Sala Cabaret Berlin (C/Bailén Nº22), el próximo Sábado 17 de Noviembre. Las entradas están a la venta en www.beba33.com (10€ anticipada y 12 en taquilla)

Os dejo por aquí el tráiler que precisamente hemos preparado para animar a la peña!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVmmkS5RFqE&feature=g-upl"]Tráiler I Fiesta Coldplay Spain - YouTube[/ame]

Gracias a todos y, recordad, OS ESPERAMOS!

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
Hola a todo el mundo!

Desde www.coldplayspain.com estamos preparando nuestra I Fiesta y queremos que todo el mundo se anime!.

Pincharemos música y proyecciones, y tendremos un plato fuerte: contaremos con la actuación del grupo tributo Clocks!

La fiesta tendrá lugar en Barcelona, en la Sala Cabaret Berlin (C/Bailén Nº22), el próximo Sábado 17 de Noviembre. Las entradas están a la venta en www.beba33.com (10€ anticipada y 12 en taquilla)

Os dejo por aquí el tráiler que precisamente hemos preparado para animar a la peña!

Tráiler I Fiesta Coldplay Spain - YouTube

Gracias a todos y, recordad, OS ESPERAMOS!
Threads merged.

Tash

clueing for looks
Coldplayer
I've been to Spain once and that's almost 25 years ago. The only Spanish word I remember is hola :laugh3: