• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot Celin Dion........................so did I(we) actually :lol:

Barenaked Ladies

Sarah Harmer

54-40 (talk about underated)

and....oh yeah...Coldplay. :D

Ha, I didn't forget any of those.

OLP ARE SO BAD. sorry peeps but they are so terrible. they were awesome when i was in grade 7 but the new stuff is shite.

but if you haven't gotten the point yet, listen to the arcade fire & broken social scene!

aw dude.. I can't believe Sloan isn't getting more attention from the Canadians.. go listen to their stuff people (ok, they're not superamazing.. but some of their stuff is fantastic)...

also, Brian Adams (80s stuff)... good stuff :D

Hawksley Workman, Jeremy Fisher, Jacksoul, Daniel Powter, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Hot Hot Heat, K-Os...i know i'm all over the map but

My absolute favorite band right now (after Coldplay) is the Arcade Fire

Why wouldn't she count?

She's not a "band"

Neither is Sarah McLachlan, but we've been saying her too. She plays with a band at times.. eh whatever, we're naming artists anyway.

Newest fav Canadian band: Wolf Parade.

Melissa Auf der Maur - mediocre musician and lyricist' date=' but she's super cool. Her album had maybe two good songs, the rest of it was disappointing. She also loves Kyuss which makes her even cooler.[/quote']

And she is such a beautiful person.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since I live in Canada, I suppose I've heard all bands. I gotta say, Can. Music is not like american nor british music, it can be really good, but at the same time really boring if you listen to it all days. A really good canadian band in the moment is Nickelback, i want to say also Arcade Fire, but their album is mediocre. However, if you listen to Can. Music, you must not forget the French music (from Quebec). Bands like La Chicane Cowboys Fringants are not for missing.

• 2 weeks later...