👽COLDPLAY TO RELEASE HIGHER POWER FRIDAY MAY 7TH📻

Random Coldplay thoughts...

• Replies 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to say, after 5 years of being part of the Coldplay fandom, first on Coldplaying, now on Coldplaying, Twitter and other platforms, a wonderful thing happened today: Coldplay followed me

On this day exactly 5 years ago, a young and innocent person who was just getting really into Coldplay wanted to sign up on a forum called Coldplaying. Faced with the question of what to pick as a use

Today exactly 5 years ago, I joined the Coldplaying community and I don't regret that that. To be honest, it's probably one of the best things that have happened in my life! I had never thought I woul

Posted Images

I have a question:

Does anyone know why when Chris sings Viva la Vida live, every single time he sings the middle-end of the verses ("rule the world", "roll the dice", "sleep alone", "castles stand" etc) differently than the recording. Idk how to describe in musical terms but it's like he sings it upwards instead of downwards.

Studio

Live

Thanks for any insight you all may have

• Like 2
I have a question:

Does anyone know why when Chris sings Viva la Vida live, every single time he sings the middle-end of the verses ("rule the world", "roll the dice", "sleep alone", "castles stand" etc) differently than the recording. Idk how to describe in musical terms but it's like he sings it upwards instead of downwards.

Studio

Live

I have had this question for years !!!! I hate it when he does that :D Some people speculate its the Satriani settlement...

• Like 2
I have a question:

Studio

Live

Higher? I could't play this but I am musical and it sounds like you are describing him singing in a higher key. Could also be sharped notes.

• Like 1

^To all of the above, thanks for responding. I wondered if I was the only one to ever notice!

I ran away, thank you, that's exactly what I meant, I just couldn't think of the musical words for it. The MELODY is different on those lines for sure! And maybe it is the Satriani thing... If I remember right, that whole thing came out right before the Grammys in 2009 and if you watch the Lost+/Viva video, Chris does sing it in the "new" way at the show. Very interesting idea.

Great to read about your adventurous time, I ran away! Reminds me of many of my own Coldplay adventures.

Hope you felt the excitement despite some of the newer songs. :)

I had a random, anxious thought today that somebody at work might ask me to cancel some of my planned Coldplay shows for the summer. Just saw that three people (out of four) want days off during that time. Nooooooo! :|

• Like 2
Guest diogo_sg
I had a random, anxious thought today that somebody at work might ask me to cancel some of my planned Coldplay shows for the summer. Just saw that three people (out of four) want days off during that time. Nooooooo! :|

Ooh. Sorry to hear :/ but you don't have those days off already?

Ooh. Sorry to hear :/ but you don't have those days off already?

Yeah, I do. The situation changed a bit since somebody from the team quit their job. Before that happened, it wouldn't have been a problem. I hope it remains to be no problem. :D

Guest diogo_sg
Yeah, I do. The situation changed a bit since somebody from the team quit their job. Before that happened, it wouldn't have been a problem. I hope it remains to be no problem. :D

oh. well, I too hope it doesn't become a problem and wish you lots of good luck. Stay positive ;)

@I ran away, that was amazing to hear about your adventure! Unfortunately I was asleep while you were posting about it because of the time difference and didn't get a chance to check on this thread again until today but congratulations, that's awesome how you got a close spot and how Chris came! :D And that was a close call...

• Like 1

Just found this today. This is incredible.

I like how they performed 42 (from 6:00 to 7:30) and Princess of China (from 26:30 to 28:00). Coldplay music may very well be considered classical in 100 years.

By the way I would like to thank...

- @pickles12 !!! She is the one who offered me a spot on her fan pass and later, when she knew she couldnt make it, sent me the fan pass so that I can go ahead with it. Without her this dream would not have come true ! So I noticed a lot of people liked my 'on the road' updates yesterday night. Do me a favor and look up HER posts and like them so that she gets some forum recognition for this too !

- the kind lady with her daughter (who probably won't read this, but still...) who saved me from a spot behind two tall women and basically gifted front row to me !!!

told u it was worth it to go :awesome: It doesn't hurt being crazy once in a while

• Like 3

Am feeling pretty crappy today (as expected, the cold got worse again, and the pile of work here just won't get any smaller) but I am still walking around in a good mood and sometimes with a big grin. It is as if I was in on some joyful conspiracy that none of my work colleagues knows about.

I think the Coldplay concert gave me an Everglow LOL

• Like 9

I just came across this video:

And for the first time, maybe ever, I was really struck by the beautiful symphonies of Yellow. Especially when the Bass kicks in and Will sings so beautiful in the background . This is why I love Coldplay so much, and they are the only band/musicians who can ever bring up these feelings for me. I just had to write this down somewhere and found this thread to be te most appropriate. Thank You Coldplay for these beautiful melodies and symphonies you guys have created.

• Like 5
I just came across this video:

And for the first time, maybe ever, I was really struck by the beautiful symphonies of Yellow. Especially when the Bass kicks in and Will sings so beautiful in the background . This is why I love Coldplay so much, and they are the only band/musicians who can ever bring up these feelings for me. I just had to write this down somewhere and found this thread to be te most appropriate. Thank You Coldplay for these beautiful melodies and symphonies you guys have created.

I got goosebumps listening to this! :lol: Thank you for sharing it!

also a new chris martin interview with a spanish media. you can use a translator for a rough translation

https://es-us.celebridades.yahoo.com/post/141085044447/chris-martin-mi-vida-est%C3%A1-m%C3%A1s-llena-de-luz-de?src=rss&linkId=22329949

I'll help you to translate it. It's very short and I'll use a translator so it won't take me to much time.

• Like 1
I'll help you to translate it. It's very short and I'll use a translator so it won't take me to much time.

thanks :) i just left it as is because for the people who need to translate, it's just one click away. but feel free to add a translation on here!

Okay, so I was browsing the boy's wikis and it says Jonny plays saxophone? Is this part of the Jonny plays Jazz gag? Or was that his first instrument. I ask because there is that small section at the beginning of AHFOD where a sax/synth is in the background--which I love, but then it disappears :(

If this is true then I demand more Coldplay with saxophone, even if subtle (like how Alt-J uses it). I love the sound of a sax...