🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
alyssa

Random Coldplay thoughts...

Which "calendar" do you mean? Or Is it this poster that is available in the store?

I might want to order a real Coldplay calendar with pages if this is available!

I got it as a Xmas gift. It was purchased from Ebay.

Walking through Chester (UK) today I passed a street violinist just as he started to play CLOCKS !!!! Hope my husband wasn't too embarrassed as I sang along !

• Like 5

Happy New Year everyone!! :party:

I hope you will have an amazing one and thanks for making this year great, despite its negative experiences it was still one of the best years ever for me.

Mainly because I became a part of the Coldplay fandom, you really changed my life. Thank you all so much for being so amazing, nice and supportive, I love this fandom probably just as much as I love Coldplay themselves.

And I also saw Coldplay for the first time in my life, which was definitely one of the best experiences I've ever had. I learned so incredibly much about life and myself this year, and there's so much left to learn and explore for next year. Coldplay really made me a better person, they gave me an entirely different view at the world. I became a much more optimistic and happy person this year and I feel like I have finally find my home among all my other fellow Coldplayers:heart:

***I agree with so much of your message. Coldplay certainly affects my life too.... in a very positive way. Just wearing my LOVE badge reminds me to try and be a better person.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone and thanks for your great company in 2016.... long may it continue !

• Like 9

Cool ! I once heard it in a supermarket...

On a related note, I went skiing today for the first time in my life, and naturally fell down a lot. In fact, I wasn't able to do it at all, and especially braking never really worked for me :( On my final round of the day l I tried hard not to end with another fall, but nope, I fell again and this time even crashed through the rope fence marking the boundary of the trail and slid into off-trail area. :pensive:

While I was still trying to get up (not easy with skis on !!), I suddenly heard a familiar melody from the nearby skilift that was playing loud music. Couldn't place it for a moment, but then I heard "Lovers, keep on the road you're on..." and I got so excited. Lovers in Japan on a ski resort playlist ! And it was even the Osaka Sun remix !

Now that was perfect timing for the song :D

Ski-ers, keep on the trail you're on :P

That's so cool! I went snowboarding once, and it was very traumatizing, so I am never going again. It's a shame since I live so close to many famous ski resorts and all my friends ski and snowboard!

• Like 2

Happy Coldplay New Year everyone! Here's to a great 2017!! :drinking:

• Like 8

Cool ! I once heard it in a supermarket...

On a related note, I went skiing today for the first time in my life, and naturally fell down a lot. In fact, I wasn't able to do it at all, and especially braking never really worked for me :( On my final round of the day l I tried hard not to end with another fall, but nope, I fell again and this time even crashed through the rope fence marking the boundary of the trail and slid into off-trail area. :pensive:

While I was still trying to get up (not easy with skis on !!), I suddenly heard a familiar melody from the nearby skilift that was playing loud music. Couldn't place it for a moment, but then I heard "Lovers, keep on the road you're on..." and I got so excited. Lovers in Japan on a ski resort playlist ! And it was even the Osaka Sun remix !

Now that was perfect timing for the song :D

Ski-ers, keep on the trail you're on :P

I think you discovered the trick to a better 2017 for all of us in your skiing: When you fall, get back up...and don't ever give up! Hope you had fun anyway and are not too bruised from your experience. I also want to thank everyone here for shining the light on my dark 2016. You are a wonderful group of people and I love that I know you are always here to share stories, solve Coldplay puzzles and cheer for our favorite band. I agree that 2017 can only look up. And if it doesn't, well, we all have each other!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

with four minutes to go, listening to Birds as my official last song of 2016 :p :D

edit: i was about twenty seconds off, does that mean it's my first song of 2017 too?

• Like 7

Guest diogo_sg

Remixes of AOAL and HFTW were played by the DJ at the party I was at last night. Many people sang along while dancing!

Happy new year everyone! Coldplay and Coldplaying made this year a lot better for me :D

• Like 8

I couldn’t have asked for a better first song of 2017....A Head Full of Dreams!!

• Like 6

Jan 1st. 2017

IMG_1567.thumb.JPG.fef565f5ebc2d7d1a1f67fdd490c5bb9.JPG

Got my year off to a good start - updated my Coldplay Corner to include the fab gifts I received from my kind Secret Santas .

IMG_1566.thumb.JPG.760e7521cf4c2083d2acb2f713185cac.JPG

IMG_1568.thumb.JPG.995c358c1420231f228e7e44a78469b8.JPG

IMG_1569.thumb.JPG.e43e8ede987621cb1e63e06d9e456875.JPG

• Like 8

I couldn’t have asked for a better first song of 2017....A Head Full of Dreams!!

I kind of have AHFOD as my first song of 2017. My father played on YouTube some classic songs by Stevie Wonder, George Michael, and some others I can't remember now and I asked him to include AHFOD. The reasons are I saw Coldplay for the first time on 2016 and my head is full of dreams :)

• Like 3

After spending an eventful week with my family, I am finally back.

I am wishing you all a Happy New Year!

May all you wishes and dreams come true.

But I'm not only celebrating the new year today.

I just realized that it's been exactly been 6 months since I saw CP live for the first time.

The emptiness after the concert lead me to this wonderful forum where I was lucky enough to meet you all!

I'd like to thank you all for just being you and I'm looking forward to another wonderful year!

• Like 8

Jan 1st. 2017

[ATTACH]6538[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6539[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6540[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6537[/ATTACH]

Got my year off to a good start - updated my Coldplay Corner to include the fab gifts I received from my kind Secret Santas .

well i got know these room :blush:

• Like 3

I heard AHFOD (Charlie Chaplins speech in the Dictator) and Adventure Of A Lifetime first this year...! First at 12am...

How you may ask well I was watching the live stream last night on periscope and the speech just started and the xylobands glowing red which was so beautiful at the same time the minute the clock struck twelve am Adventure of a lifetime started it was the perfect start to an amazing year!

• Like 2

Jan 1st. 2017

[ATTACH]6538[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6539[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6540[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]6537[/ATTACH]

It's so beautiful!!!!

Thank you soo much!

Your the sweetest!

I'm in tears!

Adventure that's the reason of beeing wellness! New Years Recipe. Believe in COLDPLAY. They got well things to say! (and play) should be cold.. ? :)

• Like 2

Hello everyone. To be honest, I'm not very good in telling things in a little story that I would love to say to you, but I will try my best and I'll give it a chance :)

It's really one of the best decisions I have ever made to come and join Coldplaying. I'm also grateful that I have met so many great people here on the forums that are Coldplayers like the best I could ever imagine.

I think that we've really created a connection between all of us which we should have forever, and I was just thinking how great it would be to meet you all in real life! It would be very awesome 2thumbsup.gif

And of course I want to wish all of you a very happy new year !!!!! :party:

Thank you all for being the best Coldplayers in the world heart.gif

And here, I just wanna stay, forever here, forever here.....

• Like 16

Hello everyone. To be honest, I'm not very good in telling things in a little story that I would love to say to you, but I will try my best and I'll give it a chance :)

It's really one of the best decisions I have ever made to come and join Coldplaying. I'm also grateful that I have met so many great people here on the forums that are Coldplayers like the best I could ever imagine.

I think that we've really created a connection between all of us which we should have forever, and I was just thinking how great it would be to meet you all in real life! It would be very awesome 2thumbsup.gif

And of course I want to wish all of you a very happy new year !!!!! :party:

Thank you all for being the best Coldplayers in the world heart.gif

And here, I just wanna stay, forever here, forever here.....

You nail it! These are beautiful words!

• Like 2

I think I understood a Coldplay line I hadn't really grasped for the first time today. Sorry, long post ahead !

See, I have this difficult person in my life who I really care a lot about, but who always causes me pain because this person carelessly tramples on people's feelings including mine and always picks fights with me...

After another pointless conflict yesterday (worst NYE ever, thanks a lot for that final kick, 2016) that fortunately got resolved today, I thought: what if next time a conflict arises, you just react paradoxically. Instead being in the role of the antagonist to this person and hence reacting in a predictable way, just react with the opposite: by staying calm and showing love, such as smiling, giving a hug or something. I know that takes a lot of self-restraint if the other person provokes you, but I am sure this attitude can be learned. And maybe eventually this reaction will leave an impression on the other person and calm down this person too.

And as I thought about my new strategy, I suddenly thought of that line: "My heart is my gun." I didn't like this line from Army of One before because I think I misinterpreted it and it sounded a bit violent to me, but today I think I first grasped what Chris meant to say. You can actually fight back by showing and giving love and kindness. My heart is my gun.

• Like 14

I think I understood a Coldplay line I hadn't really grasped for the first time today. Sorry, long post ahead !

See, I have this difficult person in my life who I really care a lot about, but who always causes me pain because this person carelessly tramples on people's feelings including mine and always picks fights with me...

After another pointless conflict yesterday (worst NYE ever, thanks a lot for that final kick, 2016) that fortunately got resolved today, I thought: what if next time a conflict arises, you just react paradoxically. Instead being in the role of the antagonist to this person and hence reacting in a predictable way, just react with the opposite: by staying calm and showing love, such as smiling, giving a hug or something. I know that takes a lot of self-restraint if the other person provokes you, but I am sure this attitude can be learned. And maybe eventually this reaction will leave an impression on the other person and calm down this person too.

And as I thought about my new strategy, I suddenly thought of that line: "My heart is my gun." I didn't like this line from Army of One before because I think I misinterpreted it and it sounded a bit violent to me, but today I think I first grasped what Chris meant to say. You can actually fight back by showing and giving love and kindness. My heart is my gun.

I love your interpretation and strategy. I didn't think on the meaning behind that line, maybe I thought something similar to your first interpretation. But, knowing Chris' recent perspective of life I agree with what you just said.

• Like 2

You use your heart as a weapon. And it hurts like...

HEAVEN!!

It's ridiculous but true.

• Like 11