🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
alyssa

Random Coldplay thoughts...

I think I will polietly and respectfully bow down to all, and excuse myself from all of population ... and I gotta go, I gotta be out, I'm out...I aM that only one that whatever 99.96% of population does... I don't

If I Have to..I probably will talk like a 2 year old preschooler to have to sit down and get flash cards out to explain why and explain I dont need a reason.. the answer is no... If I have to make up a reason it may not sound nice..

are you okay?

That article really just rounds up all the "rumours" of Coldplay headlining a festival here and there. Those "rumours" we get pretty much every year. So yeah that website doesn't know more than we do and personally I would say that Coldplay doing a festival tour in 2019 is about as likely as the pope doing a festival tour in 2019 lol

https://www.bustle.com/p/will-coldplay-release-a-new-album-in-2019-fans-think-theyve-figured-out-a-release-date-10182221

Guess you're right.

Coldplay's manager Dave Holmes has revealed that the band may be away from the limelight for a lot longer. "We won't be touring again until 2021 at the earliest," he told Music Business Worldwide. "We need to take a break and come back with something really special."

See y'all in two years?

• Like 1

Listening to Yellow for the billionth time and realizing how much Chris no longer sings in a British accent. I miss that.

Finally saw the episode of Modern Family with him yesterday ... as a non-native speaker I was really having a hard time understanding him as I was saw used to the american accents of the rest :P

Can someone tell me what Chris is holding his picks with?
That red thin tape might have some kind of glue or something, I guess.

yeah, I was guessing double sided tape

Listening to Yellow for the billionth time and realizing how much Chris no longer sings in a British accent. I miss that.

Yes - it's becoming more obvious in interviews too. Still, he lives in the States now so what can we expect ? A bit sad though for us UK fans.

I mean, steal from the best, eh? :p

I was at the first European show in Berlin on Friday and when that intro started, I briefly thought I had awoken from a weird dream in which I thought I was at a U2 show, but in reality was at yet another Coldplay concert, lol. As far as I know, the intro is reworked for the European shows and the Chaplin speech had not been used in North America. I actually liked that connection between my two favourite bands. It was very powerful with the pictures on the screen.

• Like 4

I feel like Coldplay music follows me wherever I go. Over the past few days while out and about have heard AOAL, Speed of Sound, and a female singer cover Up & Up in public spaces.

• Like 2

I feel like Coldplay music follows me wherever I go. Over the past few days while out and about have heard AOAL, Speed of Sound, and a female singer cover Up & Up in public spaces.

For me, it's exactly the opposite.

Yesterday, in a local city fest, the DJ was playing sh*tty brazilian "music" that you can listen to pretty often in Portuguese bars and clubs. I got sick of that and decided to go to a different stage to listen to some techno. Once i leave that stage, the DJ starts playing Viva La Vida. I was too far to go back to that stage, so I just decided to crawl down and cry.

• Like 1

I think Guy is such an underrated bassist. Yesterday I was at a store and a new song came on the radio. It was the bass at the beginning of All I Can Think About Is You and before I realized I was just thinking about how good the bass was and then I realized what the song was. Like I can see how some of his parts are pretty minimal but I don't understand how some people can think he really does nothing in any of their songs.

• Like 6

I think Guy is such an underrated bassist. Yesterday I was at a store and a new song came on the radio. It was the bass at the beginning of All I Can Think About Is You and before I realized I was just thinking about how good the bass was and then I realized what the song was. Like I can see how some of his parts are pretty minimal but I don't understand how some people can think he really does nothing in any of their songs.

But that's what makes Coldplay great. Minimalist and simple. Whether it's a sound from Jonny's guitar, a bass line from Guy or a simple repetitive beat from Will, it comes together to make powerfully emotional music.

It's not a terrible thing to say Guy physically doesn't do much in their songs, because he doesn't, but all he needs is a simple bass line to take the song to another level.

Some of my favorite Guy songs- Birds, Sparks, Everything's Not Lost, AHFOD, White Shadows, Daylight, GPASUYF. And of course, Guy essentially created Magic, which is a damn good song. And Clocks is just a freaking masterpiece, everyone's part is spot on. I just wish Jonny would crank up the distortion a bit when playing Clocks live. And Yellow, like he used to. But that's a different discussion for another day :laughing:

Guy doesn't make complex and intricate bass lines on those songs, but he doesn't need to in order to make a great bass line.

Like Will said, he's just there to support the songs that Chris writes with a drum line, not go off on some otherworldly-Buddy Rich drum solo.

• Like 6

But that's what makes Coldplay great. Minimalist and simple. Whether it's a sound from Jonny's guitar, a bass line from Guy or a simple repetitive beat from Will, it comes together to make powerfully emotional music.

It's not a terrible thing to say Guy physically doesn't do much in their songs, because he doesn't, but all he needs is a simple bass line to take the song to another level.

Some of my favorite Guy songs- Birds, Sparks, Everything's Not Lost, AHFOD, White Shadows, Daylight, GPASUYF. And of course, Guy essentially created Magic, which is a damn good song. And Clocks is just a freaking masterpiece, everyone's part is spot on. I just wish Jonny would crank up the distortion a bit when playing Clocks live. And Yellow, like he used to. But that's a different discussion for another day :laughing:

Guy doesn't make complex and intricate bass lines on those songs, but he doesn't need to in order to make a great bass line.

Like Will said, he's just there to support the songs that Chris writes with a drum line, not go off on some otherworldly-Buddy Rich drum solo.

Very well said. I think sometimes being simple and minimalistic really helps tie a song together. There's actually some songs where I thought the bass was something else entirely. For example, the ending slide in ETIAW. I think Guy does a great job at adding supporting basslines.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

It just occurred to me recently how one sided it can be when you listen to a heart breaking song by an artist you love, and want to be able to respond back, "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, IT WILL BE OK EVEN THOUGH IT RIGHT NOW SEEMS LIKE IT WON'T"

Then you remember it is years later and they are fine and now you are wrecked anyway.

• Like 5

I also heard AICTAIY last week on the radio and I was super excited!!!!

• Like 2

It's been a while since I last posted here :/

Anyway, just a quick heads up: It seems like WMG is systematically going after full Coldplay concert recordings on Youtube. My full Munich 2017 recording was blocked for copyright today and upon checking I found that some other full videos that I knew of seem to be gone too. So if there is a concert video you like, go ahead and download it before it's too late (convert2mp3.net is the tool I use, but there are many more).

• Like 3

Someone tweeted that Lucien Berryman has been born as of Sep 10.

August 27 was the birth date, I think. I think someone found a public post saying so on the FB page of Keshia's dad...

August 27 was the birth date, I think. I think someone found a public post saying so on the FB page of Keshia's dad...

I read it was on her dad's private instagram actually...

I read it was on her dad's private instagram actually...

Really ? I have to admit when someone mentioned the FB post I checked it myself :D and if you go to a certain "Luc Gerrits" it's a publicly visible post.

EDIT: Hang on. Luc...Lucien...I wonder if that's where the name is coming from !

uh okay then... I don't even know how you all know the man's name but okay ._.

edit: Luc comes from the name Lucas as far as I know

• Like 1

I don't even know how you all know the man's name but okay ._.

I didn't :cool:

Well, I have a confession to make. After someone on Twitter wrote about the post I looked up K. on FB. To my surprise, her friends list was public and incidentally this particular name was among the first that came up. (There are a number of names belonging to the extended band/touring family in her list...I even saw a profile pic that contained Guy. But even though this is all publicly visible, I had a bad conscience looking at the list. Looking for Coldplay family members on Facebook is intrusive and pointless imho...they deserve some privacy :eyes: