📡 HIGHER POWER MUSIC VIDEO OUT JUNE 8 📡

Random Coldplay thoughts...

really? i know a lot of people that have the same effect once the song becomes popular and will be played on the radio about every hour

hate is a very strong word, i guess getting bored and not wanting to listen to it describes it better, so usually i start changing radio stations ... but as i said before, i am not that much into music anyway, so maybe that's the reason why

I see.

• Replies 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to say, after 5 years of being part of the Coldplay fandom, first on Coldplaying, now on Coldplaying, Twitter and other platforms, a wonderful thing happened today: Coldplay followed me

On this day exactly 5 years ago, a young and innocent person who was just getting really into Coldplay wanted to sign up on a forum called Coldplaying. Faced with the question of what to pick as a use

Today exactly 5 years ago, I joined the Coldplaying community and I don't regret that that. To be honest, it's probably one of the best things that have happened in my life! I had never thought I woul

Posted Images

Gwyneth recently did an interview with Dax Shepard where she told an awesome story

It's so annoying. Whenever you type into Google 'Coldplay, news' to see whether there is something new about their music, albums etc. it's often Gwyneth who pops up with a new weird story about Chris and their relationship. It makes me cringe. What she says about him should be taken with a pinch of salt.

By the way, I like Paradise. It's not one of my three or four favourite Coldplay songs, but I still like listening to it.

really? i know a lot of people that have the same effect once the song becomes popular and will be played on the radio about every hour

hate is a very strong word, i guess getting bored and not wanting to listen to it describes it better, so usually i start changing radio stations ... but as i said before, i am not that much into music anyway, so maybe that's the reason why

The real question is, does people still listen to radio? xD I don't know when was the last time I tuned in a radio station on purpose. Can't live without Spotify tho...

Regarding a song being overplayed always gets you kinda bored, so you have to put it to rest for some time. Now I'm obsessed with the early demo of Talk!!! Such a mesmerizing demo!!! But I guess I'll get obsessed with another song very soon since I've been with Talk on repeat for several days now...

• Like 1
The real question is, does people still listen to radio? xD.

I do while driving a car, which doesn't happen very often and usually just for short distances. Funny enough when I started the car earlier, Paradise was playing on the radio :p

• Like 2
I do while driving a car, which doesn't happen very often and usually just for short distances. Funny enough when I started the car earlier, Paradise was playing on the radio :p

Same because my dad's car doesn't have an aux cord, but when I was a preteen I used to listen to the radio all the time, even when I wasn't in the car. I think even then that was old fashioned but I never had an iPod or anything:D

• Like 1
Any other New Englanders have the slightest idea why Guy would follow Tom Brady on Instagram?
I think they are just good acquaintances. A lot of the Pats like Coldplay and attend their concerts whenever they are in the Boston area. Tom Brady in particular is a huge fan.

Somewhat related, at the very first Coldplay concert I went to (Viva tour August 2008) before the band came on, the crowd was cheering and looking at one section. We thought maybe Chris or somebody had come out or something. Turn's out it was Tom Brady in the crowd!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
Any other New Englanders have the slightest idea why Guy would follow Tom Brady on Instagram?
Tom Brady is also the official "spokesperson" for the car company Aston Martin, and Guy likes Astons. He even posted yesterday how he wants to buy a DB4GT Zagato.
  • Like 3

I know that Brady is a huge fan of Coldplay and has attended multiple concerts. I went to the concert at Gillette Stadium (where the Patriots play) and Chris shouted out Brady.

As for Guy, he and Brady are both good looking famous dudes who are into Aston Martins :laughing:

patriots-coldplay-073116.png?itok=jfQsEOq2Cuq_JgHWEAANz0O.jpg

• Like 5

It doesnt make sense to me how so many well respected ppl like Coldplay (such as Brady), yet Coldplay are still being shit on. Im not asking Pats fans to instantly be Coldplay fans, but at least have the decency to lay off the band, yknow?

• Like 3
It doesnt make sense to me how so many well respected ppl like Coldplay (such as Brady), yet Coldplay are still being shit on. Im not asking Pats fans to instantly be Coldplay fans, but at least have the decency to lay off the band, yknow?

I feel like people who "hate" Coldplay are either

1. Very insecure with their music tastes and/or music is deeply engrained with their identity are so they are defensive about it to keep their image.

2. Haven't listened to more than a few songs by Coldplay that they've heard on the radio, and hop on the trend of other people who dislike the band even though they actually don't mind or even like some of their music.

Having said that, I think the majority of people are just indifferent to the band. Their music hits a certain emotional nerve that only some people (some millions out of the billions of people on earth) relate to. A lot of people listen to music for complex instrumentals that require a lot of talent (like a band with someone who can shred the guitar), or music that is suitable for partying to. Coldplay's music generally fits neither of those categories. A lot of Britpop is very emotion based and not based in complexity.

• Like 9
I feel like people who "hate" Coldplay are either

1. Very insecure with their music tastes and/or music is deeply engrained with their identity are so they are defensive about it to keep their image.

2. Haven't listened to more than a few songs by Coldplay that they've heard on the radio, and hop on the trend of other people who dislike the band even though they actually don't mind or even like some of their music.

Having said that, I think the majority of people are just indifferent to the band. Their music hits a certain emotional nerve that only some people (some millions out of the billions of people on earth) relate to. A lot of people listen to music for complex instrumentals that require a lot of talent (like a band with someone who can shred the guitar), or music that is suitable for partying to. Coldplay's music generally fits neither of those categories. A lot of Britpop is very emotion based and not based in complexity.

Your second point is literally everyone my age I know:D

• Like 6

We watched Idis Elba in Turn Up Charlie on Netflix, which is about being a washed up DJ who ends up watching after a famous mate's rebellious child as a paid nanny, and there were a couple of Coldplay mentions, like "Coldplay's not coming to the festival" or something like that. They were probably making fun but I was just too happy to see a mention to care LOL.

• Like 2

While we are sorta on the topic of Aston Martins and Guy, I find it a really strange coincidence that Guy posted the other day about wanting an old DB4GT Zagato, and a few days later, Aston Martin announces they are making a special new edition of that car to celebrate Zagato's 100th anniversary.Screenshot_20190325-075110_Instagram.thumb.jpeg.f1f2e568355ee52dc437ec04fad82074.jpeg

• Like 1