🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
alyssa

Random Coldplay thoughts...

Chris and Jonny gave a Tiny Desk concert. I wonder why Will and Guy weren't there.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/tinydesk

Can’t believe there was literally no promo or announcement for this until people on the audience posted on social media, I like it though! This era really is full of surprises:blush:

Chris and Jonny gave a Tiny Desk concert. I wonder why Will and Guy weren't there.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/tinydesk

Sometimes just Chris and Jonny do really small gigs together. If Guy and Will really wanted to be there I think they would've? Maybe they are like yeah man, you got this.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3

When your teenage kid requests you to sing them a little Coldplay before bed, you know you're doing something right. :heart_eyes:

• Like 5

When your teenage kid requests you to sing them a little Coldplay before bed, you know you're doing something right. :heart_eyes:

• Like 2

I've just run across and watched this. I'm completely blown away by this video! He did an amazing job singing and recording this. Hands down he's brilliant. However in the clip he distracted me a bit with his dance moves. :joy:

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/leisure/showbiz/18239830.chris-martin-composition-coldplay-star-12-auction/

Anyone heard about this? I just saw it on the BBC Breakfast programme and I’d love to hear it! Shame I don’t have that kind of money lying around...or in fact a cassette player to listen to it :D

Yeah, saw it ! I have a cassette player but not the money...

when your 5 year old (german) wants you to play her a music video "... you know, where the boy sings sometimes softly, sometimes loud ..." ... how much better can you described "something just like this"? :p

Edited by YGillot
  • Wow 2

Posted (edited)

Recently I've realized that these days I don't listen to Coldplay as often as I would in the past. Thus I was trying to figure out why something like that had been happening to me. In the meantime deep down inside I was aware of the fact that I stiil loved the band and the music which they had been creating and releasing. Despite of that idea I would feel much more comfortable and relaxed when I was playing anyone else's songs bar those by Coldplay. However the other day something very interesting and impressive occurred to my mind. It was strange yet reasonable to a certain degree. I understood that for me Coldplay's music wasn't just the kind of music I would generally put on to kill time or fill the quiet surrounding me anymore. It didn't even feel right to listen to their music when I was resting (mostly procrastinating) or tidying in case I didn't have to carry out anything important or urgent. At some point it started acting as my so-called "cry pillow" or a reward to enjoy when i managed to achieve something. In other words it has happened to become such an exclusive and precious item of mine that I didn't want to keep turning it on every time I fancied doing so because of the fear that I would tarnish or degrade it. For example when the music video for Champion Of The World came out this Tuesday I didn't watch it immediately as I forced myself to play it after I take a test on Friday and incredibly I truly kept my word. It felt totally weird but I'm convinced that it was worth it. For better or worse I do know that I've adopted a really odd attitude towards Coldplay's music but somehow it functions well. After all people change and so do their opinions or point of views.

P.S. I was listening to the whole A Rush Of Blood To The Head album while typing this post.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 4

Today is Chris's birthday. He is 43.

Happy birthday, Chris! May all your wishes for the new year of your life come true!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Happy 43rd birthday, Christopher!

:vuvuzela:

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

What is this I'm laughing so hard

551043143_ScreenShot2020-03-02at9_18_49PM.png.5387ca60b045f9cc15c798f592ea5641.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 1

Dat Viva brought me back from hibernation yooooooo

• Like 2

Izzy bizu has collaborated with Chris before on one of her songs, maybe this time Izzy is being recorded for a song for Coldplay’s next album??

Guy also posted on IG yesterday that he was travelling back from Amsterdam after finishing some work on his new clothing/design company, so something must be happening in the studio!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Yay for being back 😄 but jeez, everywhere is full of spam 🤣

Edit: RIP signature

Edited by I ran away
  • Care 1

2 minutes ago, I ran away said:

Yay for being back 😄 but jeez, everywhere is full of spam 🤣

Edit: RIP signature

A lot of things are sort of broken right now but I’ll sort it out tomorrow. I’ve been working on this for 8 straight days and today it is finally working! There’s a bunch of issues including colour mismatches (clearly), spam, code issues and more. All will be fixed soon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I can imagine what an effort it was, and I'm so glad it's back ! I was just shocked at the amount of spam threads that apparently get thrown at Coldplaying everyday (a lot of them here with older dates) but that are filtered out and we never got to see them before ! Wow. Makes you appreciate the whole forum even more, somehow.

Edited by I ran away
typo
  • Like 4