Jump to content
ūü™źCHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS AND RUMOURS ON COLDPLAY'S UPCOMING ALBUMūü™ź

Random Coldplay thoughts...


Recommended Posts

On 12/12/2020 at 2:18 PM, I ran away said:

I'm still in Germany, missing London so much though! It was really like a fairytale last year. Remember the merry-go-round ride in front of the NHM? ūüėĄ

haha how can I forget! everyone was too embarrassed to go except us =p

Edited by DJK
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 41.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to say, after 5 years of being part of the Coldplay fandom, first on Coldplaying, now on Coldplaying, Twitter and other platforms, a wonderful thing happened today: Coldplay followed me

Today exactly 5 years ago, I joined the Coldplaying community and I don't regret that that. To be honest, it's probably one of the best things that have happened in my life! I had never thought I woul

On this day exactly 5 years ago, a young and innocent person who was just getting really into Coldplay wanted to sign up on a forum called Coldplaying. Faced with the question of what to pick as a use

Posted Images

Forgive me for being quite late but I still want to wish all of you a (very) happy and healthy new year, wherever you are!!! :classic_biggrin: :sunny:

Haven't been active on social media at all these days! I quite missed being active on the forums to be honest, I'll try to log on more often and enjoy being part of this wonderful community! :awesome:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Earlier I was listening to Natalie Imbruglia's Come To Life album, the one with two songs--Lukas and Fun--that were given to her by Coldplay. I'm starting to wonder if this Fun eventually did get revisited by Coldplay and evolve into the song on A Head Full Of Dreams. The "didn't we have fun?" lyric appears in both songs and the lyrical themes are pretty similar. Either way, I think it's safe to say that the Fun from 2015 is a sort of spiritual successor or "part 2" to the Fun from 2009, even if it wasn't intended as such.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

A question to everyone who sees this: does anyone have the full concert of Coldplay live at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas 2015? I can't seem to find the full show anywhere on the internet. I was really hoping someone has it! @stephen

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

A question to everyone who sees this: does anyone have the full concert of Coldplay live at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas 2015? I can't seem to find the full show anywhere on the internet. I was really hoping someone has it! @stephen

Hi. Do you know the date of the show (i.e. day, month)?

Edited by German Sulca
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, German Sulca said:

Hi. Do you know the date of the show (i.e. day, month)?

Hi, yes I do! I know the festival took place on the 18th and 19th of September, in 2015.

Coldplay played on Friday, September 18th (according to setlist.fm)

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gideon_Mx said:

A question to everyone who sees this: does anyone have the full concert of Coldplay live at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas 2015? I can't seem to find the full show anywhere on the internet. I was really hoping someone has it! @stephen

Working on it! I thought I had this somewhere but seem to have lost it. Gimme a day or two and I'll come back with an answer ūüôā

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Hi, yes I do! I know the festival took place on the 18th and 19th of September, in 2015.

Coldplay played on Friday, September 18th (according to setlist.fm)

Coldplay performed twice for iHeart in 2015: 1) 18th september, and, 2) 19th november

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, German Sulca said:

Coldplay performed twice for iHeart in 2015: 1) 18th september, and, 2) 19th november

Downloading the 18th September one now, hopefully it finishes! the 19th November concert was for the AHFOD launch party and was broadcast in December. It was not part of the festival, it just happened to be for iHeartRadio

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, German Sulca said:

Coldplay performed twice for iHeart in 2015: 1) 18th september, and, 2) 19th november

Yep, but as Stephen said, that 19th November show wasn't part of the iHeartRadio Music Festival.

That performance was just organised by iHeartRadio I guess!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stephen said:

Downloading the 18th September one now, hopefully it finishes! the 19th November concert was for the AHFOD launch party and was broadcast in December. It was not part of the festival, it just happened to be for iHeartRadio

And thank you very much for your effort Stephen! :cheesy: I've been searching it for ages and can't wait to finally relive it again!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stephen said:

Downloading the 18th September one now, hopefully it finishes! the 19th November concert was for the AHFOD launch party and was broadcast in December. It was not part of the festival, it just happened to be for iHeartRadio

You're right @stephen

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you ever hear Coldplay in the most random of places?

I was walking back to my car at Walmart the other night and somebody had Birds cranked up on their car stereo.

I also tend to hear Coldplay whenever I see my dentist for a routine check-up and cleaning. It seems like every time I go there, either We Never Change or Viva la Vida is playing in the office. ūüėā

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

Do you ever hear Coldplay in the most random of places?

I was walking back to my car at Walmart the other night and somebody had Birds cranked up on their car stereo.

I also tend to hear Coldplay whenever I see my dentist for a routine check-up and cleaning. It seems like every time I go there, either We Never Change or Viva la Vida is playing in the office. ūüėā

Ahaha, what a coincidence! Such things happen to me as well (sometimes). For example, I can remember plenty of times that I was walking in a store for example and suddenly a radio station starts playing Coldplay! There's also something with the number 42. It seems that almost everwhere I go (not literally, just often) there's always something (a house number, a license plate, or a road (number)) that has ''42'' in it and I'm like: ''Seriously, are you kidding me?''. It sounds a bit stupid but I'm not making this up :classic_biggrin: 

Funnily enough, a few hours ago I was watching a talk show on television and I was really surprised when I suddenly heard Adventure Of A Lifetime playing during a compilation of the pictures and videos people made of the (historical) winter week we just had in the Netherlands.

One last thing. About a month ago when I was walking through a random street in Belgium there was a shop which caught my attention as soon as I read what the shop was called. That's why I wanted to share it here. The good thing is, I captured it! :grin: Sorry for the bad quality, I took it right before the sun went down. For some reason my phone adjusts pictures with a blue-ish glow when it's not light enough.

 

 

20210123_171511.thumb.jpg.89e62cb2edeae9ce9dbb9e7b2371f143.jpg

Yes, the shop is called STAR FISH and I couldn't believe my eyes!

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2021 at 7:06 PM, stephen said:

Downloading the 18th September one now, hopefully it finishes! the 19th November concert was for the AHFOD launch party and was broadcast in December. It was not part of the festival, it just happened to be for iHeartRadio

Hi Stephen, I was just wondering how it's going with downloading as it's been a few days! No need to rush by the way :smiley:

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Hi Stephen, I was just wondering how it's going with downloading as it's been a few days! No need to rush by the way :smiley:

Was just about to update you guys. I got to 25GB downloaded in the torrent and then the only peer disconnected. I’ll keep looking

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back! (again). I had a dream about Coldplay two nights ago. It was quite livid. For some reason they were refusing to play all the hits and people were really mad lol. At last I got to "experience" Politik live in my dreams.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 5:32 AM, JM-42 said:

I'm back! (again). I had a dream about Coldplay two nights ago. It was quite livid. For some reason they were refusing to play all the hits and people were really mad lol. At last I got to "experience" Politik live in my dreams.

What a beautiful dream for us Coldplayers, right?! :grin:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2021 at 8:32 PM, JM-42 said:

I'm back! (again). I had a dream about Coldplay two nights ago. It was quite livid. For some reason they were refusing to play all the hits and people were really mad lol. At last I got to "experience" Politik live in my dreams.

If I could only hear one song live, it would be Politik

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



√ó
√ó
  • Create New...