✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Could Yes be in some kind of weird way be about Pedophiles in your point of view?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY must you turn something like this into a You sound like on of those people thing? I just asked because I wondered. I didn't need the second part of your sentence. THANKS FOR THE COMMENT.

Sorry, I really didnt mean to offend you. I just got a little angry cause I have to deal with a lot of people slamming Coldplay and turning their lyrics into something theyre not. I just reacted too quickly and maybe should have read your post more carefully. And sorry if I made you believe there arent good people in the world, cuz there are.:)

Sorry, I really didnt mean to offend you. I just got a little angry cause I have to deal with a lot of people slamming Coldplay and turning their lyrics into something theyre not. I just reacted too quickly and maybe should have read your post more carefully. And sorry if I made you believe there arent good people in the world, cuz there are.:)

i know how you feel. it sucks when people write 80 paragraphs of crap and decide to make a whole thread about it. I can't stand it. I was just suggesting that it sounded a little like it is all. Lol, this song is ironically my favorite songs. :P nah, it's alright. I'm just worried people will take it the wrong way like you did at first. :dozey: :uhoh:

Great shout - the song can be about anything you want it to be about. I can relate to the 'lead me not into temptation' thing after making a few references to particularly gorgeous girls under the 'age of consent'. That sounded so wrong. Lock me up in the perv unit!

Where exactly did you draw the line to pedophilia in lyrics about attraction and loneliness?

Children, pedophiles are normally lonely people. Well usually. saying Lord lead me not into temptation but its not easy when she turns you on just reminds me of men wanting little girls. lol, it was just a thought. i dunno.

If you want the song to be about pedophilles feel free to make it mean so to you.

My interpretation is its just sleezy. Songs arn't always moments or things but a series of lines than fit nicely together and have a mixed meaning.

*sigh* did you read the bottom of what I said?

Well then you answered your own thread title, which was 'Is Yes About Pedophiles?'

And the answer, and your own answer, is 'definitely, no'!!

But really any listener can take whatever they want from what they listen to. If that's what you want to ponder when you listen to Yes, then that's up to you :)

Well then you answered your own thread title, which was 'Is Yes About Pedophiles?'

And the answer, and your own answer, is 'definitely, no'!!

But really any listener can take whatever they want from what they listen to. If that's what you want to ponder when you listen to Yes, then that's up to you :)

better?

i have a feeling i'm going to be slammed for this tomorrow.

Looks like you were right at least somewhat. But yea after listening to the album pretty much all day, Yes can very easily be seen as being from a pedophiles POV, it probably isn't though. It makes Coldplay sound more fun if it was (in no creepified intentioned way), but I guess people take thoughts and ideas too seriously, well some of 'em. It has all the ingredients to be from a pedophiles point of view whether people like that or not, the possibility is definitely there.

Definitely. that was all that i was saying. it just sounded to me as if it could've been. That's all I wanted it to be. not so serious. :( i'm glad somebody understood me. i understand Chris isn't writing about pedophiles. It just... *shrugs* the lyrics is all.

Definitely. that was all that i was saying. it just sounded to me as if it could've been. That's all I wanted it to be. not so serious. :( i'm glad somebody understood me. i understand Chris isn't writing about pedophiles. It just... *shrugs* the lyrics is all.

emo-console.gif

It's quite alright. I understand perfectly.

IM GLAD YOU THINK ITS FUNNNNNNYYY :bigcry: :bigcry:

wait ru just being sarcastic...or ru really glad i think its funny..........and im not laughing at the topic im laughing cause i cant believe people are still talking about it......but ya