✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Could Yes be in some kind of weird way be about Pedophiles in your point of view?

After listening to it again I'm quite confident it's about abstinence and all, but I'm gonna go with my favourite interpretation of seeing it as a stalkers' song because I'm weird like that...and not to sound all Radiohead did this and Coldplay copied, I see it as their very own version of Creep. Than again that's just me. :P *Grabs binoculars and scans neighboring backyards*

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait ru just being sarcastic...or ru really glad i think its funny..........and im not laughing at the topic im laughing cause i cant believe people are still talking about it......but ya

no, i'm just messin around. i'm quite surprised as well. people take things so seriously.:laugh3: lol, but yeah. :P

better?

A bit better, yeah, but I'd still answer the same way as I did to that thread title.

I think you really mean something like 'Does anyone else think of paedophiles when they listen to Yes?' Then I'd answer 'I don't, but I understand why someone might' (in the same way that someone on a really strict diet might be reminded of cakes!!)

Oh well, doesn't matter I suppose, you've explained what you mean in the actual thread Hotplay :)

Out of interest, does thinking of that ruin the actual song for you? I think I'd find it too upsetting to listen to.

I can see where the pedophile theory comes from, and after reading this it slightly crossed my mind, but I've no doubt this song is about sex and the religious guilt that comes with impure thoughts and acting out on them.

I mean, he says "We were dying of frustration." That means it was him and the other person. I don't think a child feels that way. And he says they were asking to not be lead into temptation as well.

I've been going through my Coldplay collection, and I think this might be their first song about sex. Am I right or wrong? I don't think they've ever done one quite like this one, sound and lyrics wise.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that it's about abstinence, but maybe not because of religious reasons. I think it's just plain ole' sexual temptation: guy wants to respect girl's wishes to take things slow, but his passion and hormones are raging like mad and he loves her so much that he can't contain himself. And it's as if he's just gonna throw himself onto her any minute now. Basically, it's about an ultra-horny guy. :wacko:

But I love this song...it has such feeling and you can feel the guy's needs when Chris is droning 'I've become so tired of this loneliness..'

I've been going through my Coldplay collection, and I think this might be their first song about sex. Am I right or wrong? I don't think they've ever done one quite like this one, sound and lyrics wise.

I've thought the song X&Y might be....

Yes is about trying not to commit adultery imo, but I guess there's no way of knowing for sure.

Hmm...what's for sure is that Yes is inspired by Venus in Furs (Velvet Underground with Lou Reed) and that was about SM love/sex !

I am glad Coldplay made their own interpretation so that today we have a song to enjoy the hypnotic sounds again- and with Chris's voice so low:dizzy2:

Both songs allow to experiment the feeling - where is the border between pain and pleasure ? is it more of a kick to resist temptation or to fall for it ? there is no set answer - everytime you're on the edge, the question awaits you and yourself, in that unique moment.

Chris already told us a lot about love, and light. It helps. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Maybe the song is about young boys who like young girls.

If you examine & analyse the lyric of the Fix You b-side The World Turned Upside Down, the rabbit trail ambiguously ends & starts there:

What is this little thing that I've seen before?

A little boy lost in a breaking storm

Hide & sob, away they fly

Some write your name in the summer sky

Life has only really just begun

Life that comes & everything under the sun

Or maybe these two songs is about Jay Z or Kayne West when they were kids growing up in America. Anyway I'm of to have some Breakfast...

For you I'd wait till Kingdom Come unti my day is done. Say you'll come, & wait for me, just say you'll wait, & set me free...

Hmm, maybe Chris Martin (CM) is? Next time you see him with a hood sweatshirt on the bus, he could be one of us, or a stranger on the bus...trying to make His way home, with Gwenyth Paltrow (GP) calling on CM's cell phone - telling Chris, cum home now my darling: we've got some conversation to do, & a lot more action...

• 1 month later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

It's not about Paedophilia!! Whenever does he mention that this is a child he's singing about??! Why would Chris Martin write about paedohilia?!

Who knows if it is about pedophilia? I recently found out that the melting clocks picture by Salvador Dali could be about his Oedipus Complex. But more than that I think this song is just about trying to get a girl because nobody loves you.