✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

Guest diogo_sg
I am just a messenger copying and pasting all the Oracle's wise knowledge from Twitter to here. The Coldplay website is currently not posting the Oracle's info so it is presently on Twittter. You can follow the Oracle @ColdplayOracle

Oh, ok!

Thanks, I will!!

Guest diogo_sg

I just read a few questions and answers from The Oracle's Twitter and they're all from years ago. Isn't the Oracle accepting new questions?

The Oracle is doing a sort of "throwback" of some oldie but goodie questions. I think The Oracle is taking new questions

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Got a question?

Ask the Oracle!

This week: In My Place vid, One Big Sunday, MX artwork, Violet Hill...

Catch up here: <a href="http://t.co/6QgFjGqv7m">http://t.co/6QgFjGqv7m</a></p>— The Oracle (@ColdplayOracle) <a href="https://twitter.com/ColdplayOracle/status/595894955454943232">May 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 7 years later...

Ok, here's a question for the old and wise coldplayers who know everything.

What really happened to the mighty Oracle, to Roadie42 and to all those wonderful people that made Coldplay seem so close to us? Why did they disappear after the end of the GS era?

This is a question I've been asking myself for a long time but didn't manage to find the answer. I discovered Coldplay during the GS era, so I came very late and did not experience the constant interaction that once existed between the band and the fans. Only recently I went searching for VLV stuff through the Timeline and discovered tons of articles, interviews, blogs and photos. It was amazing. Why did they put an end to all of that?

So basically all I know about the Oracle is that it used to speak through Debs, that it started just before the Viva era and disappeared in 2017 after a couple of years on twitter. About Roadie42 I don't know much, but he was very active in the past and stopped writing some time in 2014.

Where did they go? Nobody knows... 

I can't give you the reasonings on why things changed, but I can give you an update from what I observed.

The Oracle was run by Debs Wild. Debs is still with the band and helps out fans, for example when they have trouble with the Coldplay store. She also answers the emails sent to the Coldplay contact formular on the website as far as I know. I don't know why The Oracle was discontinued but my guess is that she has a lot of things on her plate, and this way she still stays in touch with fans! (I'd personally love if The Oracle came back though :P)

Roadie42 (also known as Miller) was still pretty much active throughout the Everyday Life era! He accompanied the AHFOD Tour by taking band and fan pics/videos during every concert. He got married around the EL era if I recall correctly, and in that era even his lovely wife posted lots of Coldplay content on Instagram! Unfortunately she stopped that when some entitled "fans" sent her rude messages. But back to R42 himself, the only difference since AHFOD was that the content was posted on Coldplay's social media, mostly Instagram, rather than in the form of website blogs, probably reflecting the general success of social media over old-style web content (such as forums ;)) The last time I saw him in person (and I was able to say hello to him :D)) was at the London gig in 2019. I don't know how active he is on the MOTS tour, since Coldplay have their own tour photographer (Stevie Rae Gibbs) now I suspect he might be taking a break. And I kinda hope he does take some time to just enjoy family life after more than two decades of non-stop serving the best content to the fandom!

I would like to point out that ever since the EL and pandemic era, Phil has been so active on Twitter and interacted a lot with fans. And he is clearly interested in hearing our opinions and takes our feedback seriously. In a way, to me, it feels the band are much closer to us now than they were in, say, the AHFOD era. Can't comment on the earlier eras because I wasn't around.

• Like 2