✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2010 Albums Worth Listening To

winigwl

Jason Mraz's Beautiful Mess- Live on Earth. Perfection.

He's just brilliant, isn't he? He is so versatile. Have you heard the other version of Remedy live from Highland Ballroom?

well the track 59 sound was very very killers like. but the bulk of their stuff is your normal american garage punk but with a greater sense of identity and stronger message. the lead singer is a quite brandon flowers like but with more balls.

not quite top 10 material for me but a great listen nevertheless.

I'm sorry but I enjoy Killers much much more than Gaslight. Their songs sound similar to each other. Vocal range was quite poor. The instrumentation is too straight for my liking.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just brilliant, isn't he? He is so versatile. Have you heard the other version of Remedy live from Highland Ballroom?

I'm sorry but I enjoy Killers much much more than Gaslight. Their songs sound similar to each other. Vocal range was quite poor. The instrumentation is too straight for my liking.

limited variation + poor vocal range + simple instrumentation = punk

like i said its not usually my type of music but i really enjoy the passion in the singers voice and his lyrics.

Bliss Release by Cloud Control might just be top 10 material for me this year. i didnt have any aussie albums in my top 10 last year but i should have at least 3 this year.

I'm listening to The Script's new album, "Science and Faith." If you liked their debut self-titled album, you'll definitely like this one. :smiley:

Also, I'm not sure if there are any metal fans in here (with the exception of maybe Marie), but Kamelot released their newest album this week, "Poetry for the Poisoned." I think it's a bit more electronic in influence than their previous works, but it's still quite good. I'm quite stuck on the track "The Zodiac" at the moment.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm in need of something new to listen to (& don't have the time to trawl thru this thread), I'd love you guys to recommend me something from this year that I haven't already heard and that fits in with my current music tastes, and convince me why I should like it. Pretty please :D And if it's something that is on spotify, that'd be even better :thumbsup:

This is the list of 2010 albums I've collected so far: (totally copy/pasted from the 2010 voting thread :cheesy:)

The Coral - Butterfly House

Goldheart Assembly - Wolves and Thieves

Detroit Social Club - Existence

Kula Shaker - Pilgrim's Progress

Apparatjik - We Are Here

Unkle Bob - Shockwaves

Tame Impala - Innerspeaker

Yeasayer - Odd Blood

Turin Brakes - Outbursts

We Are Scientists - Barbara

Band of Horses - Infinite Arms

The Black Keys - Brothers