🛒 SHOP THE NEW CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLLECTION 🛒
ivet

The 7th Mixtape Exchange (1ST POST UPDATE)

[/size]

That was mine :cheesy:

Awhh thank you!

I wasn't sure what music you would have had already :wacko: so I'm happy that you didn't have everything on it.

The track list was

Neighborhood #3( power out ) - Arcade Fire

Awake my Soul - Mumford & sons

John Wayne Gacy Jr - Sufjan Stevens

Twenty Seven Strangers - Villagers

Go do - Jonsi

White Sky - Vampire weekend

Undercover Martyn - Two door cinema club

Black Sheep - Metric

Conversation 16 - The National

Cosmic Love - Florence and the Machine

Sprawl II ( Mountains beyond mountains ) - Arcade fire

Did you see the words - Animal Collective

So glad that you liked it,

especially the last track, It took me ages to find a good end track :lol:

awesome playlist :awesome:

No review, no tape... What did I expect.

sorry :(

mine did not post review last mixtape edition :| and has not been around since early december.

and seems my sender is a mistery :|

That's mine :awesome:

Glad you liked some of it, a better review than I got last time :lol:

Here is the track listing and link for anybody else who wants to listen:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P3KCXB67

1. Mercury Rev - Holes

2. Emiliana Torrini - Birds

3. Flaming Lips - Vein Of Stars

4. Modeselektor Ft. Thom Yorke - The White Flash

5. Animal Collective - Cuckoo Cuckoo

6. Real Estate - Basement

7. Martin Grech - The Giving Hands

8. Department Of Eagles - In Ear Park

9. Suuns - Arena

10. Julian Lynch - Es's

11. Atlas Sound - River Card

12. St. Vincent - These Days (Session) (Nico Cover)

13. Massive Attack - Angel (Live At Abbey Road)

14. Bjork - All Is Full Of Love (Live)

I WILL BE LISTENING TO MINE TONIGHT SO WILL REVIEW TONIGHT TOO HOPEFULLY :)

Oh awesome, thanks Greg :nice:

just got mine :dance: first time i listen a cping mixtape on the molinux rhythmbox. :wacky:

13 tracks = 40 mins. first listen and review.

Sorry it's a bit short :\

no 100% idea who my sender is, thought i think of some posible coldplayers, probably a David Bowie fan.

Yep you guessed that right :laugh3:

i think or that person has checked what music i like or we happen to have some common likes of style.

mixtape sure has introduced me into a lot good sounds to check better the next months :D for that thanks a lot to my sender, i really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

a bit melancholic mixtape btw, a lot of rememer and change references thought might that was the idea. To be honest I just threw a few songs together without even noticing that :thinking:

11 had artist removed, 2 not: 1 warpaint (new band to me), 1 stornoway (i already knew), so probably the review is not in the proper order it was meant to be.

1. title says sister (mastered vs 2). nice organ base. could be mumford and sons, or any of mr Vermont bands, good add of a banjo and all other kind of string guitars. nice folk country intro.

2. nice and simple catch, a bit electronical but feels short.

3. yay drum intro, nice male voice, echo effect. a bit spychedelic. no idea but any chance it could be pavement, sounds a bit 80's, 90's band?

4. guitar intro, quiet, yay some kind of cymbals. sounds familiar, can't guess who is. could be a song by villagers?

5. cool keyboard and drum intro. female vocals. sounds like some spanish band as cola jet set, hehe, so like 70's yeye or so :wacky: could be tegan and sara, don't sound as cocorosie to me. could be a cover?

6. good 'push' piano intro, cool instrumental.

8. album cover was not deleted, so for sure is a miike snow track.

9. male vocal, just with guitar. no idea, but lyrics say society a lot.

10. oh sounds so pop song, even from a movie.. male vocalist... yay for choral part. no idea since i don't follow pop much but could be the script or so? title could be stay with me?

12. yay another cool guitar intro :wacko: voice sounds familiar

13. another with the artwork, is 5 years by david bowie with no doubt, i :heart: it. :nice:

i guess 7 and 11 should be stornoway's zorbing -pretty cool trumpets :dance: -, or/and warpaint's undertow - cool guitar and female voice-.

to sender, sorry if my review seem negative for the artwork and so, i really enjoyed the mixtape :thumbsup:

oh dear, the artwork make me think i'm not sure if i removed mine :| dunno how i could remove it with that software, boo me :disappointed: soz to my receiver, might be a turn-off as rudy_o said :anxious:

So sorry about the artwork I was rushing to upload it and didn't check to see about the artwork :facepalm:

but heres the tracklist;

1. Zorbing - Stornoway (Beachcomber's Windowsill)

2. Pinch Roller - Kasabian (Kasabian)

3. Solitude Is Bliss - Tame Impala (Innerspeaker)

4. Becoming a Jackal - Villagers (Becoming a Jackal)

5. Ashes To Ashes (cover) - Warpaint (Ashes To Ashes - single)

6. Ovary Stripe - Kasabian (Kasabian)

7. Sister (new version) - Mumford & Sons ( N/A = free download )

8. Burial - Miike Snow (Miike Snow)

9. Society - Eddie Vedder (Into The Wild)

10. Stay - Hurts (Happiness)

track 11 was supposed to be Undertow by Warpaint but I'm not sure what has happened with the tracklisting :uhoh:

12. Far Behind - Eddie Vedder (Into The Wild)

13. Five Years - David Bowie (The Rise & Fall Of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars)

My review is here :cheesy:

I enjoyed the tape, thanks, mixtape maker :wacky:

Song 1: Hmm starts not so bad. Not my kind of music, the voice is eeeh. I'm not into that kind of 70's sounding-like music, sorry :/ BUt in its genre, it's not too bad.

Song 2: I have to say I didn't like it the first time, but right now, I like it. Catchy beginning. I like the xylophone a lot. I love the part with the piano, after he said 'we can go, we can leave alone (is that what he says?)'. It's brilliant. Nice track, liked it.

Song 3: Didn't stand out of the mixtape much. I don't really like that old music feeling to it, I am sorry, I am a lame person who isn't so much into that kind of music :/

Song 4: Old song-like again. Gotta admit that the guitar sounds good, I don't dislike it. However, it's not one that stands out in the mixtae again :/.

Song 5: Nice little tune. Liked it better than the previous one, but still not my favorite.

Song 6: I like the calm beginning. And When the drums come in.. :wacky: I like it. My favorite so far. I like the guy's voice. And the guitar strumming is catchy :wacky:

Song 7: That's Animal Collective, no? Not my favorite but I still enjoy it :)

Song 8: Nice atmosphere. Me gusta.

Song 9: I love the beginning with the guitars. Very nice. Nice instrumental. I like.

Song 10: I love the music. I think it's my favorite of the mixtape. I am not too fond of the guy's voice, but the song is pretty good. :D

Song 11: Not bad. I like the quiet feeling to it. Yet it's quite sad. I am not in that mood right now, but I know I like it.

Song 12: Not a song I'd listen to often but nice outro :)

[/size]

That was mine :cheesy:

Awhh thank you!

I wasn't sure what music you would have had already :wacko: so I'm happy that you didn't have everything on it.

The track list was

Go do - Jonsi

Black Sheep - Metric

So glad that you liked it,

especially the last track, It took me ages to find a good end track :lol:

Apart from the Sufjan song, wow, kickass mixtape :wacky:

So sorry about the artwork I was rushing to upload it and didn't check to see about the artwork :facepalm:

but heres the tracklist;

1. Zorbing - Stornoway (Beachcomber's Windowsill)

2. Pinch Roller - Kasabian (Kasabian)

3. Solitude Is Bliss - Tame Impala (Innerspeaker)

4. Becoming a Jackal - Villagers (Becoming a Jackal)

5. Ashes To Ashes (cover) - Warpaint (Ashes To Ashes - single)

6. Ovary Stripe - Kasabian (Kasabian)

7. Sister (new version) - Mumford & Sons ( N/A = free download )

8. Burial - Miike Snow (Miike Snow)

9. Society - Eddie Vedder (Into The Wild)

10. Stay - Hurts (Happiness)

track 11 was supposed to be Undertow by Warpaint but I'm not sure what has happened with the tracklisting :uhoh:

12. Far Behind - Eddie Vedder (Into The Wild)

13. Five Years - David Bowie (The Rise & Fall Of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars)

hey i didn't complain it be short, i just write that when i make a review of a mixtape. :)

hehe, well may i payed attention to the feelings and words too much.

is ok for the artwork, i just thought what rudy_o said when it happened, is ok. as i said i'm not sure now if i happened to edit that on the one i've made :|

eddie vedder fan? where should i start to get more into his music?

oh how come i didn't noticied kasabian there?

i really enjoyed it :thumbsup: thanks a lot, i definitelly will check the artists better.

after fixing a few kinks here and there, everyone that has responded should have a mixtape now.

*if for some reason you haven't received a mixtape, pm me and i'll get it fixed*

Booo, just trawled thru pages and pages to discover mine's not been reviewed yet :(

To the person that made a tape for me, I have listened to it a couple of times & enjoyed it. Will listen few more times before I review it, so it won't be for a day or two, just to keep you updated.

Thanks to whoever made mine, I'll post what I thought of it later on.

hey i didn't complain it be short, i just write that when i make a review of a mixtape. :)

hehe, well may i payed attention to the feelings and words too much.

is ok for the artwork, i just thought what rudy_o said when it happened, is ok. as i said i'm not sure now if i happened to edit that on the one i've made :|

eddie vedder fan? where should i start to get more into his music?

oh how come i didn't noticied kasabian there?

i really enjoyed it :thumbsup: thanks a lot, i definitelly will check the artists better.

Well those 2 songs from there are from the album Into the wild which was for the film also... you could listen to Pearl jam because that was just his solo album.

Kasabian .. yeah I thought it needed some non-lyrics songs so I added them

you a fan of them ?

Well those 2 songs from there are from the album Into the wild which was for the film also... you could listen to Pearl jam because that was just his solo album.

Kasabian .. yeah I thought it needed some non-lyrics songs so I added them

you a fan of them ?

ahh will check so and then do pearl jam chronologically again. thanks a lot :D

yeah i like kasabian, not a huge hardcore fan but i like them :)

Go do - Jonsi

Black Sheep - Metric

omg Emma :heart:

WHAT IS LIFE

I RECIEVED A TAPE

OMG

YAY :awesome:

^

awesome playlist :awesome:

Apart from the Sufjan song, wow, kickass mixtape :wacky:

Thank you guys :wacky:

Successive first mixtape, yay!

Booo, just trawled thru pages and pages to discover mine's not been reviewed yet :(

To the person that made a tape for me, I have listened to it a couple of times & enjoyed it. Will listen few more times before I review it, so it won't be for a day or two, just to keep you updated.

Mine hasn't been reviewed either, but give them time. Many want to make sure their review does the tape justice.

Also, an easier way to see if you tape has been reviewed instead of trawling through the pages would be to search the thread for posts made by that user. Saves some time.

Oh and my review.

Track one to twelve ( ? ) - My ears are bleeding.

And that was with skipping through.

Yeah thanks :|

;____;

WHY!?

Ok, I lied. As soon as I started listening I felt like typing so I've rebooted my computer. Like Eddie, my person gave away their identity on the megaupload page. :P

1. Happy descending guitar melody...ugh, not big on the vocals at all. Chords, bass and backing vocals are decent enough I guess, but the chorus is tough to swallow. Just not interesting IMO. Boring pop-rock song.

2. Haha, Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins. Classic. Actually haven't heard it in quite a while, can't really put it down in any way so...nice.

3. Urgh...5 seconds in I wanted to skip to the next track. I knew right away that this wasn't going to surprise or impress me in any way. I recognise the voice from somewhere. American Idol maybe.

4. Sounds like Matt Bellamy improvising on the piano for 3 minutes. If not, its some late Romantic Rachmaninoff-esque piece. 1:20 sounds like the start of a Muse song though, so I'll stick with my first guess. Not my favorite style, but it's def. impressive and kinda refreshing. Thanks.

5. I literally burst out laughing when this started (Not in a bad or mean way). Boston by Augustana. While I haven't heard this in ages and feel like I've kinda outgrown it, it does summon nostalgia from when I was first getting it coldplay and heard these guys regularly on the radio. I even remember figuring it out on piano. So...can't pretend I don't enjoy hearing this again. I feel like I would enjoy this mix much more if I were about 5 years younger.

6. Nice piano arpeggios. Voice sounds increasingly like Noel Gallagher as it goes along, but I'm not sure. End has a real Oasis charm to it... I like it.

My person split the mix into two 'sides'. So here goes #2...

7. strong beat and muted electric guitars. Singer sounds like the guy from Keane just come from having a few teeth removed. Like some of the other songs, just can't warm up to it in any way. Another song I probably would've liked five years ago that now just kinda bores me. Sorry.

8. Tapping hi-hat and a subdued guitar riff. Ugh! Kill It! Sorry, just don't see the appeal in the singer's voice. From the get go I can't take any of it seriously. Okay, it's not that bad, just kinda frustrated. The violin is nice, but otherwise, not a fan.

9. The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It. Always liked this little diddy, so no complaints here. :)

10. Saxophone, muted guitar, drums, far off shouts. Strong beatles-era retro vibe. McCartney? maybe not. This track definitely stands out from the rest. I like it.

11. Synth Bass and drums. The Fray? Not bad. Not enraptured, but it's enjoyable.

12. Minor-key Country vibe with slide guitar. Neutral on the voice. Neutral in general actually. Pretty short song.

Thanks for the mixtape. I had trouble getting excited about most of it, but it had a few high points. In any case it introduced me to a few songs and styles I wouldn't otherwise have heard, and reintroducing me to songs I had long forgotten.

I really want to see who did this mixtape, it looks :awesome:

I'm wishing I participated in this now. :anxious:

Oh and my review.

Track one to twelve ( ? ) - My ears are bleeding.

And that was with skipping through.

Yeah thanks :|

;____;

WHY!?

:confused:

What happened, Emma?

rudyd.jpg

I only like Biffy Clyro out of them,and that's their worst song D:

A joke ... like literally :lol: not like "this is a joke"

Oh well :P

I will be downloading other people's ones to make up for it :wacko:

I really feel bad for you, and for the tapemaker too :\

Maybe it's all fine but there's just not enough compatibility, I don't know. :shrug:

rudyd.jpg

I only like Biffy Clyro out of them,and that's their worst song D:

WAAAAAH. That's a surprise.

Maybe your mixtape maker was trying to expose you to something out of your comfort zone? Perhaps he/she has a better explanation. I'm sorry yours really bothered you. :hug:

EDIT: Also, just as an FYI, I've downloaded the other mixtapes that had links so far. Four out the seven were in .rar files, so I can't listen to those just yet. I have Greg's, Jen's, and Chris' on my mp3 player right now. I'm about to see how much I like these.